Unsure if I should change enblocal.ini proxy library setting to ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

peppergomez

Question

The instruction of "set...ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll to enable automatic usage of SMAA if installed." is something I'm not sure if I should enter. Is this basically stating that if your GPU can do SMAA, then make this ini change? There hasn't been discussion elsewhere in Neo's steps about SMAA, so I assume that is what it means.

I am running two NVIDIA 680GTX FTW cards and see CSAA as an option in Manage 3D Settings in NVIDIA Control Panel, but not SMAA.

Also, I didn't see any option to run ENB MAnager as an admin. I'm running Windows 8.1 and when I right-click on the ENB_Manager Jar File, and look in Properties, I don't see a Run as Administrator option. I have installed Skyrim and all related programs outside of the Prgram Files x86 location, b/c of what I've read about permission issues.

Edited by peppergomez

3 answers to this question

Thanks folks. I'm going with Neo's suggested ENB profile (Vividian ENB) so I will go with this smaa.dll setting.

BTW what's the consensus on whether DSR - Factors can be used in Skyrim using the Skyrim Revisited build? (Dynamic Super Resolution- rendering game at high res then downscaling to native res of the display.

Edited by peppergomez

SMAA is a software based anti alising method that requires a .dll file to work. 

When you use ENB you already use the default d3d9.dll name hence you have to rename the one with the info about SMAA and add it as a proxy lib. 

You do not want to enable any hardware based AA in the control panel if you use ENB. 

That and what neo said.