Mod Organizer doesn't launch New Vegas when using the NV Novac Apartment mod

Jax765

Question

I tried using this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55531/?), but whenever I launch the game via MO (I'm using the 4GB launcher, but it also occurs when using the default exe and NVSE), MO locks for a few seconds, then unlocks while the game doesn't start. I thought it could be due to too many ESPs in my load order, but no, enabling a bunch of unused mods while disabling this one resulted in the game launching normally.

EDIT: I think this may have something to do with the BSAs. I've posted a screenshot of my BSA list in MO (the mod has a BSA, but it's not shown because it was disabled when I took the screenshot). Generally, everything is ticked except for CaliberX and Nevada Skies. But when I enabled all three of them just now alongside the rest of the BSAs, my game wouldn't launch. Then when I only enabled any combination of 2 instead of 3, the game did launch.

gSpb.png

Edited by Jax765

4 answers to this question

Tick all the tickable BSAs. I have it different in the guide because I haven't changed it for a while since I'm working on STEP 2.2.9.1. I found the workaround for the BSAs just a while ago and F&L hasn't been updated to reflect it. Either way works though, but renaming them just saves a few MBs. 

Just rename those greyed out BSAs by adding something to the end of the name. Ignore the vanilla BSAs, those should be left alone since they are loaded by the INIs.

So, SomeBSA.bsa should become SomeBSA - something.bsa.

That will make it not greyed out. Now tick all the BSAs before loading the game.

I don't think that's needed, I just extracted and hid the BSAs for Advanced Recon and JIP Companions (is it advisable to do this with JIP, as it's not mentioned in the F&L guide?), and now I can use the mod. Would I have likely been passing the character limit before?

Also, should I untick the vanilla and DLC BSAs? I noticed that I have the update.bsa unticked, should I leave it as is?

Edited by Jax765