Can you merge a TES5 auto merged patch and STEP Extended Patch

uncleseano

Question

Hey guys,

first question is in the topic. I removed footprints and wet and cold from the extended patch and my build and all is well but I was wondering about my 'other' patch. Hell I aint even sure if I should have two patches. Bascially after my modified STEP Extended patch I have my TES5 Edit auto patch (sans leveled lists) and then my bash patch.

Is this ok? Also can I (or even should I) merge the plugins of the extended AND the auto patch?

EDIT: How ugly is this?

arse_zpssuhbnpxx.jpg

Edited by uncleseano

3 answers to this question

Raulfin (a well known patch master on the nexus) suggests using a bashed patch for the levelled lists, and a merged patch for everything else.

I've done it myself for several Perma installations and have no issues.

EDIT: I have an unwritten rule of never merging anything that's dynamically created with anything else. I'd just leave them alone.

Edit again. I fail on Merged patch vs Bashed patch. Corrected. :D

Edited by Nozzer66

Aye Nozzer and Lesslight I do exactly the same thing. Delete the leveled lists from the merged patch and then run bash and leave um at the end of the L.O. But  What I was asking if it's ok to merge an auto merged TES5 Edit patch and the STEP Extended patch.

Of course I would never touch my Wintermyst/ASIS patch at all. Speaking of which my wintermyst is AFTER my Bashed patch... hope that's ok