CME_Saves in Mod Organizer

seym56

Question

I just switched over to Mod Organizer from NMM and I want to install some CME Save Presets I found on the Net. In NMM I would just go to my game folder where my saves where located and put the presets into the CME_Save folder. Then I would select them in game. But in MO, I can't figure out where to put the Presets. There are several presets I want to use with Enhanced Character edit as I can't design a face to save my life.

4 answers to this question

Disclaimer: I don't use ECE or RaceMenu or any other character editor, the information here is just what I have gleaned from searching the net.

So far all CME presets that I have seen tell me to place any I want into that CME_Saves folder you mentioned. The logical thing then is to see where that folder is found in your NMM installed system and make a new folder inside MO that mimics that location.

There may be a couple of ways you can do this.

If you no longer have NMM installed, and to use MO you shouldn't have it installed, I suggest starting ECE and just make a new face, don't worry about what it looks like, its just to set the save folder. Do what ever you do to make one and save it or quit and save, etc.

If a new folder is created with this new character it is now in the overwrite folder. Right-click and 'Create mod...'.

The location for you CME_Saves should now be found in the 'Mods' folder under the Mod Organizer main folder. Copy all the downloaded presets into that folder and see if they are available when you next run ECE.

Or you could open the 'Information' window in MO for the ECE mod and 'Filetree' tab you can make new folders using the context-menu.

Or if you have setup a file manager to run under MO you could do this inside the VFS MO creates, though this isn't really necessary and is more cumbersome to do.

Disclaimer: I don't use ECE or RaceMenu or any other character editor, the information here is just what I have gleaned from searching the net.

So far all CME presets that I have seen tell me to place any I want into that CME_Saves folder you mentioned. The logical thing then is to see where that folder is found in your NMM installed system and make a new folder inside MO that mimics that location.

There may be a couple of ways you can do this.

If you no longer have NMM installed, and to use MO you shouldn't have it installed, I suggest starting ECE and just make a new face, don't worry about what it looks like, its just to set the save folder. Do what ever you do to make one and save it or quit and save, etc.

If a new folder is created with this new character it is now in the overwrite folder. Right-click and 'Create mod...'.

The location for you CME_Saves should now be found in the 'Mods' folder under the Mod Organizer main folder. Copy all the downloaded presets into that folder and see if they are available when you next run ECE.

Or you could open the 'Information' window in MO for the ECE mod and 'Filetree' tab you can make new folders using the context-menu.

Or if you have setup a file manager to run under MO you could do this inside the VFS MO creates, though this isn't really necessary and is more cumbersome to do.

Unfortunately I tried that 1st. I created a face in game and when I got out I couldn't find it. I hunted all through the MO file structure.

I use RaceMenu, and for what it's worth I have a few presets in: SKSE/Plugins/Chargen/Presets in the Filetree of RaceMenu. Maybe ECE has something similar?

They're then all available in game if I want to use them. 

maybe that helps?

When using NMM ECE installs CME_Saves in My Games/Skyrim. The same folder where your .ini files are. MO on the other hand doesn't use this folder. It uses an internal file structure in your steam folder under steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/Mod Organizer. Your ini files get put into a profile and each profile gets a different ini file. Racemenu on the other hand uses a skse folder which does exist in MO. If I can't figure this out then I'll just use RM but there are several face presets I wanna try in ECE.