Potential mod order problem

hardtroll

Question

Hi there, 

I am close to the end now, I have already installed extended patch(I have install evrything, but not some unnecessary mods alreadym in the patch of course)and done the bashed patch, but I still got a potential mod order problem indicated in MO :

Move Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf after Even Better Quest Objectives
Move Non-Essential Children after Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf
Move The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options after Non-Essential Children
Move When Vampires Attack after The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options
Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade after When Vampires Attack
Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

I don't understand why LOOT don't take care of tis himself....should I process as MO ask me ??
Edited by hardtroll

4 answers to this question

What you might find is that on the right panel on the Plugins tab (your actual load order) all the relevant esp's from the listed files should be in order that Mod Organizer warns you about, if you've followed the STEP guide, as I have.  What Mod Organizer takes issue with is the fact that it thinks the installed order on the left side should also coincide with this load order, but the mods in STEP are organized so that mods later in the install list overwrite those earlier in the mod list which is why the STEP guide has the order that it has.

If you were to follow Mod Organizer's advice, you'd have to manually go into those mods you reordered and manually hide a lot of files that conflict with other mods, so that the files that STEP recommends actually gets used.

To use an example, Mod Organizer is suggesting to take a mod in section 2D (Complete Crafting Overhaul) and place it after a mod near the end of section 2M (When Vampires Attack).  Looking at Complete Crating Overhaul, I'm getting 59 files in CCOR that later on down the line get overwritten (mostly by SMIM).  Of those 59 files, 57 are meshes, while 2 are scripts.  Putting CCOR at the end of the list either means prefering to use CCOR's version in favor of the ones provided by later mods, or having to fix a problem created by following Mod Organizer's advice by manually hiding these files.  That's a lot of work in order to please Mod Organizer.

With that said, the Mod Order warning that comes up has to do with scripts that have potential conflicts with each other.  One option to fix this is to hide the scripts in the relevant mods.  From Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade I hid CCO_ArmorPerkScript.pex and it's equivalent in the source folder (these were being overwritten anyway by aMidianborn BoS Content Addon so no danger necessarily of breaking anything) and it removed this warning from Mod Organizer:

"Move aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Content Addon after Non-Essential Children".  What's odd is that Mod Organizer is still suggesting CCOR be moved after Thieves Guild Requirements, even though neither mod overwrites or conflicts with the other.  I imagine hiding some of the other conflicting files in some of the listed mods may also remove such warnings as well.

As I understand it, the install order was chosen to minimize the amount of manual hiding that you'd have to do to get the desired result, but that feature in Mod Organizer is still a Beta.

Edited by sbroadbent

@sbroadbent

To add to those reminders about MO's method of determining potential problems, most often all you need to do is move just one of the offending mods and the list will be removed. This is because the code is making checks in a circular fashion and it isn't yet sophisticated enough to see where exactly the fault lies. Most often the bottom listed mod can be moved and the check goes away.

In the list of things to do on Tannin's list, this one isn't high I would imagine. Sometime later when everything else is just right he might revisit it.