Nvidia DSR and Adaptive VSync

myztikrice

Question

6 answers to this question

As a rule any driver software tool like nVidia Control Panel will only make changes to the ini files in the default location. So any changes you make will need to copied into the set of inis in each profile in MO.

When MO is first installed it takes copies of these default inis and bases all the profile specific versions off those.

I don't think the nvidia control panel touches any game ini files. It works on the driver level. I have set up adaptive vsync when I ran my monitor on 60Hz and as I had a 120Hz and now a 144Hz monitor I set the refresh rate to teste the adaptive half refresh rate also and both seem to work. In the little testing I did I did not get any of the game physics bugs, but ymmv and Frapps showed varying rates that were above the half refresh rate.

What I need to know is how to properly set up GSync for the game.

That is very interesting, didn't know about the differences between 'Global' and 'Application' level settings.

So that would mean DSR settings will work regardless of whether a user has MO or not, since they are 'Global' settings.

Would that also mean if we use nVidia Control Panel, only the 'Global' tab settings will be used but any changes to the 'Program specific' tab will end up in the games default inis? Likewise for their GeForce Experience app?

Assuming that the profiles of the Geforce Experience works then any program specific settings will override the global values whenever they are different and the application is running. 

So I guess it goes like this in an ideal world 

Driver Application Profile > Driver Global > Application settings  

Also no changes will enter the games .ini´s ... there are just certain things that will automatically override. In the case of AA for example.. if the game calls for AA or the driver does it is more or less the same thing. It is the same sort of core code that runs in the background and does the AA. In the case of hardware AA that is anyways. 

So these driver settings are stored where? The registry? Some hidden away folder deep in the system filetree? Not that I'm worried about incorrect settings, it's just I always assumed these tools just made changes to the same set of inis that we do. Now I know better. Thank you.