Version Scheme

danielleonyett

Question

So when I download mods, Mod Organizer shows which version I have downloaded. For example, I just downloaded Extensible Follower Framework version 4.0. Mod Organizer correctly shows 4.0 but shows it in red, and says it is not the newest version (even though it is - the mod author just has it listed a little lower than the 3.5.6 files on the downloads page, for whatever reason). Anyway, Mod Organizer says that the newest version is 3.5.6 and that even though 3.5.6 "seems to be older than" 4.0, I still "may want to 'upgrade'."

I've tried right clicking and "Change versioning scheme", but going through that ends up being futile as it results in not changing the versioning scheme.

I would like to be able to have Mod Organizer show the correct newest version in green, but to also notify me when the mod author uploads even newer files by then showing the version in red.

So these are open questions to anyone who wants to answer: Does the version scheme work the same for you, am I doing something wrong, or is there maybe a better way to handle (or think of) the versioning scheme?

4 answers to this question

It's actually quite easy, and you were almost there when you chose to right-click 'incorrect version' flag.

Instead of asking MO to apply a different version scheme, in this case there isn't one since 3.5.6.0 and 4.0.0.0 share the same scheme, choose the next option, "Ignore Update". This will flag the currently installed version as the one you want and display it in green but it will also check for a newer one and if one exists, ie. 4.0.0.1 or greater, then the "Update" option will show.

Basically, MO is showing you what it thinks is the case but it also concedes that humans are better at deciding and allows you to override its decision.

That sort of thing happens when the mod author drops a new version on the page and doesn't update the current version number on the nexus page. It's a pain in the butt.

As for getting it to do what you wish, not sure. I always just go through and check my mods every so often for updates manually.

Hopefully Tannin will poke his head in and answer you on this one.

@nozzer66 - thanks. yeah, I was hoping that there would be a way around having to check them manually :P

@grantsp - sounds like that's the way then. I had considered doing that in the past but it threw me off because I was afraid that ignoring the update would potentially ignore any and all new files that the mod author might upload for that mod. guess I should have done a search to see exactly what that feature does instead of just assuming, because now i see that the wiki guide clearly says "Ignore update Ignores the current update notice. If the mod updates again, you will be notified.".... :whistling:

thanks