Sign in to follow this  
redfenix117

Generally just need a bit of help

Question

So I decided to re-install and start modding a few days ago and I seem to be having a few issues.  I made it through the STEP Extended and still have 45-62 FPS.  So I decided I wanted to add the REGS stuff in as well.   Well then it all went to ****.  0-5 FPS in and around the cities and guaranteed CTD in Whiterun. So I deactivated all the REGS mods and reactivated them one at a time.  It seems the main problem is the JK's mods violently having its way with my FPS.  Sadly at the moment I only have 6gb of RAM, it is the next upgrade on my list, but for the time being do I need to just not mess with REGS?

Also are there any STEP recommended NPC "overhauls" to make the general populace look a little better?

and, When adding the WALL items do I need to make a merged patch?  I think I had to do that the last time I did a lot of item adding mods so that they would all be in the game properly but I can't remember. 

1 answer to this question

Sorry this tab got buried in my browser window.

Despite your limited RAM you should still be able to use ENBoost at the minimum it should help a little

Try these things in order and if one doesn't help move to the next please.

1. Read this: Link

2. See if this error still occurs if you disable ENB with Shift-F12 (Assuming you're using one)

3. Lower shadow resolution