Recognizing the Data folder doubled

pistolouco

Question

Mod organizer looks like is wrongly recognizing the Data folder doubled in a compacted rar file.  It gives me this message :

post-5609-0-97977500-1419490594_thumb.jpg

Mod name :  Follower Facelifts 

File name : Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1.rar. This file is ok for me though. when opened, the file shows a correct directory structure with only one Data. Is it right ? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

This is because the archive created by the mod author has both Data (uppercase D) and data (lowercase D) folders, and is case sensitive. If you expand these folders, you'll see something like this:

Data/FollowerFacelifts.esp

data/FollowerFaceliftsDawnguard.esp

For a long-term fix, you might notify the mod author of this discrepancy. You might also file a bug report with the Mod Organizer team to see if they can work around this issue.

For a short-term fix, you might consider rebuilding the archive using 7zip or RAR. If you're using 7zip for Windows, browse to the folder containing this mod, right click on Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1.rar, and select Extract to "Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-\". 7zip will extract the files into sensible case-insensitive folders so everything is in the Data folder correctly.

Now go into the Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1 folder, right click on the Data folder, and select Add to Data.7z.

After it's finished, rename Data.7z to Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1.7z. Now copy the file back to the folder containing Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1.rar.

Finally install Follower Facelifts Females - Legendary Edition-23674-5-1.7z using Mod Organizer.

Edit: I just saw a post from the mod author saying he quit and no longer provides support, so I think you can skip that route.

Edited by Greg