MO won't start random executables

moistnuggests

Question

I've just reinstalled skyrim, got the latest MO and have started on the path of getting ready for a new playthrough (downloading/installing/testing mods). 

For some reason MO doesn't seem to want to run random executables at random times. Yesterday it didn't want to run wrye bash until I moved the directory out of MO. I initially put Bash's folder into the mods directory but it wouldn't open until I moved Bash to my desktop. I should mention that it ran everything else just fine, including Tes5Edit which was also in the MO mods directory.

Now I can't run PatchusMaximus (patcher from perkus maximus).

When I click Run it locks then it unlocks followed by a loading bar on the bottom of MO and nothing happens. 

Giving admin privileges doesn't seem to do anything. 

2 answers to this question

Although I applaud the eye-catching wording of your thread, software just doesn't act like that. ::):

If you installed it correctly and, at one time, it runs, the only reason for it not running again is something has changed, either by design or by mistake.

Let's take Wrye Bash.

It doesn't matter where WB is installed. It finds the game by registry settings and the only folders you need to explicitly tell it about are the Mod & Bash Installers folders. Personally I have all my game utilities installed in their own sub-folders in a  C:\Games\Utils\ folder.

So, what changed since you first installed it and when it wouldn't work?

Perkus Maximus. This, along with all the other 'proccer' style tools, is a Java application and therefore it must have a correctly installed 32bit Java installation as explained in the wiki. IF you have that requirement, AND you have also correctly set the MO launcher, also described in the wiki, AND there are no UAC issues in place then the first place to look might be the program variables that assign the memory allocation to that program. There have been a few postings about that and I GamerPoets has a video to help with using the HeapSpace.bat.

There is a lot of documentation about these steps already. If you have read it and still find the description confusing could you let us know which parts need attention? The wiki is an ongoing project and if it needs to be made more 'user-friendly' then so be it. Editing the wiki one time is better than answering the same question 100 times.

• +1 1