Error 9 when Installing Mods

Selwen

Question

Hello everyone.. well I have spent hour digging thru STEPS,  did a google search and did a search on STEP looking for references to an error Im recieving when I click to install a DL'd Mod from NMM  that is in the DL jacket (Right Pane) of MOD.. Its  not every mod but its many of them.

I can confirm it happens when I am installing a mod that isnt allready installed.  I am working on a clean, fresh install and build I am new to all this, and I am following STEP by the letter. I  have spent  many a hour studying this site and watching Video's.. I am new to the site, and I am so impressed with the amount of knmowledge and work that has gone into this forum that I had to step up and make a donation. My way of thanking all those that spent their time to help me, and others with this pretty difficult hobby of ours.. Any help would be appreiciated

Selwen

4 answers to this question

You say you see this error when you try to install a mod from the DL tab in NMM yet you are posting a question in the MO forum.

Are you getting confused with which mod manager you are using? NMM is the Nexus Mod Manager and although there is a thread here for support, Mod Organizer is the preferred choice I believe.

So could you confirm which mod manager you are actually using and if it is MO could you also provide some more detail about the error message?

Things like where the error is being shown? Is from Windows itself? Is it a message in the console pane at the bottom or is it a dialog message that appears?

Yeah NMM the Nexus Mod Manager not the NMM plugin for Mod Organizer isn't supported here and by here I mean this subforum (though I doubt you'll find much help here if you are indeed using the Nexus Mod Manager regardless) if you are talking about Mod Organizer then confirm that being the case and if not post saying so (so I can move it to the proper place)

So sorry for the delay in responding and the confusion. Yes, I did get the 2 programs confused. I did mean that my error was being created by Mod Organizer. it occurs on perhaps 35% of the downloads, when I attempt to install them. I have just finished installing the remaining mods I have chosen. I am up to 218 mods, so I have some room left to go back and try to reinstall some of these mods that generated errors earlier. I will update my findings. I am so impressed with the work done on creating the STEP program and this website; the amount of time, energy, and work put into it is truly impressive.

I am so grateful to have this learning tool available for me to learn from. To be honest, if it wasn't for this site, I would have giving up on my goal of creating my own personal "Modded Skyrim Game" this week after 3 failed attempts, and settled for a vanilla Skyrim experience. I know what it is like to invest 100's of hours of work and time into something for no compensation. Something like this, which is solely created for the benefit of others enjoyment, should be respected and apprieciated; by more than just words...

I felt personal action was required in showing my apprieciation, so I have maded a small donation to this website, I hope the money goes to the person, or people that put so much work and energy into building this site. I am truly grateful to be able to have this site available to me to learn from!

Tonight, after spending 25+_ hours this week, studying this website, watching lots of videos and following the STEPS step by step, I am finally finished installing most of my mods and will be for the first time, in my now 4 attempts, thanks to this website, about to go to the next step, and begin to learn WYRE BASH, TES5EDIT, FNIS, and LOOT... Thanks for the response to my post~!

Selwen Senova