No addons in section 2N: Patches work

vzbljesk

Question

SDR, Better Shaped Weapons, and Fores New Idles are not working.

I have created the patch, but as per the guide's ambiguity I have placed the mod and the patch after the Bash Patch, is this correct procedure?

The subheading under section 2N says "Mods that patch the STEP mod lineup.", but these mods are nowhere to be found in the lineup, except that they are seemingly self-referenced in the patch section.

What am I doing wrong?

The tail end of my MO order is:

STEP patch

Bash Patch

Dual Sheath Redux

Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Better Shaped Weapons

Fores New Idles Skyrim

FNIS Patch

4 answers to this question

SInce the patches section is basically patches you need to install and/or generate after everything else in the guide, we decided to create that section specifically for those mods. You have to install the STEP Patch at the end and decide which patch to use based on what you decided to install from the STEP guide. We made the Bashed Patch it's own mod so we could have a separate wiki page to put the instructions. Dual sheath Redux needs to be installed later so the meshes don't get overridden by other mods from the Equipment section. Better shaped Weapons has to over write some stuff in DSR, so we had no choice but to move it. FNISs is last so people don't forget to generate the those files and get stuck with messed up animations.

Also, the generate plugin from DSR needs to be behind the Bashed Patch, 0.esp in your load order (right pane) and it makes sense to install it after generating a bashed patch since it loads after. FNIS is best done after DSR, so we moved that as well.

Those are reasons behind the creation of that section. It made the workflow of installing STEP much more streamlined. From 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 that was the major goal for us. We had made this huge guide with over a hundred mods and did not realize how convoluted it could get installing the whole thing, so we decided to move a bunch of stuff around to fix that problem.

If the left pane looks that way then it is correct. The Bashed Patch comes for starting Wrye Bash with MO and running the bashed patcher, and when you close MO, the Bashed Patch, 0.esp may be in your Overwrite folder. FNIS does not create a plugin, it generates havok files I believe.

If the plugins are missing from the right pane then make sure they are ticked in the left pane.

Oh and Better Shaped Weapons doesn't have a plugin, it's just meshes.

If the left pane looks that way then it is correct. The Bashed Patch comes for starting Wrye Bash with MO and running the bashed patcher, and when you close MO, the Bashed Patch, 0.esp may be in your Overwrite folder. FNIS does not create a plugin, it generates havok files I believe.

If the plugins are missing from the right pane then make sure they are ticked in the left pane.

Oh and Better Shaped Weapons doesn't have a plugin, it's just meshes.

Interesting, that's pretty helpful.

What was the theory behind removing explicitly placing the mods in their respective sections before the Bash Patch, as in STEP 2.2.8

In 2.2.8, you can find Dual Sheath Redux in 2.J:

Double Cursor FixPosted Image , Dual Sheath ReduxPosted Image , Fast Travel Timescale FixPosted Image     

But it's not explicitly said to be installed anywhere in 2.9, instead it only references the addon to be patched in the patches section.

FNIS in 2.J too:

Finer DustPosted Image , Fores New Idles in SkyrimPosted Image , Improved Weapon Impact EffectsPosted Image     

Yet in 2.2.9, it doesn't explicitly say for FNIS installed anywhere, then the patches section states that it requires a patch.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic, but I am fairly new to Skyrim and I was trying to follow the guide as explicitly as possible.

Edited by renordw

SInce the patches section is basically patches you need to install and/or generate after everything else in the guide, we decided to create that section specifically for those mods. You have to install the STEP Patch at the end and decide which patch to use based on what you decided to install from the STEP guide. We made the Bashed Patch it's own mod so we could have a separate wiki page to put the instructions. Dual sheath Redux needs to be installed later so the meshes don't get overridden by other mods from the Equipment section. Better shaped Weapons has to over write some stuff in DSR, so we had no choice but to move it. FNISs is last so people don't forget to generate the those files and get stuck with messed up animations.

Also, the generate plugin from DSR needs to be behind the Bashed Patch, 0.esp in your load order (right pane) and it makes sense to install it after generating a bashed patch since it loads after. FNIS is best done after DSR, so we moved that as well.

Those are reasons behind the creation of that section. It made the workflow of installing STEP much more streamlined. From 2.2.7 to 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 that was the major goal for us. We had made this huge guide with over a hundred mods and did not realize how convoluted it could get installing the whole thing, so we decided to move a bunch of stuff around to fix that problem.

Wow thank you for such a detailed response! I can see you really take this seriously.

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into STEP