hide_plugins.txt no longer located

MrBooHockey

Question

Have been trying out modding on Skyim for a couple of weeks using Nexus Mod Manager, but started getting a lot of crash to desktop. Figured my ever increasing mod list had just become messy and and I liked the info I saw about Mod Organizer and its more advanced way of managing mods. So I clean reinstalled Skyrim, including deleting all mods, saves, etc, just wanted to begin again with MO from a totally fresh start.

I've not even installed any mods yet or SKSE or anything (other that high rez trexture pack that comes with steam) but each time I close MO I get the following error message:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:UsersJackDesktopMod Organizer v1_2_11-1334-1-2-11ModOrganizerprofilesDefaulthide_plugins.txt

Any idea what causes this and how I can tidy it up?

6 answers to this question

I have this same problem in the exact same scenario of using a fresh install of the game, windows vista (UAC disabled), and ran everthing as administrator.

Whenever I launch the game or activate/deactivate mods it pops up that error message.  It was listing the same error for another file when i first installed but now I don't see that error anymore.  I have tried ticking the "Hide Inactive ESPs/ESMs" box in the workarounds menu but I continued to get the error message.

It didn't seem to affect the few mods I've installed so far (skse, skyui, quality maps, ihud) but those are so basic and I worry about potential future problems since I don't know what this error means.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

As shown in the image linked below, the error message pops up twice for each instance of activation/deactivation/game launch and the folder which should have that file clearly does not.

Posted Image

Would simply adding a text file by that name to the directory do any harm?

Thanks... I had seen that post before and tried it out but it didn't work the way I thought it would.  I checked the box and then went to disable/enable mods only to find I was still having the error message.  I didn't see an instruction for this, but apparently after having toggled that setting you have to actually launch the game using each profile in order to actually generate the hide_plugins.txt for each profile.  That part was not obvious to me so I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else found it to be useful info.

Thanks again!