Missing Textures

codemanjap

Question

Hey guys, 

I was wondering if anyone else was missing the texture to the chains of the chandeliers inside Whiterun. They are also in many of the forts around Skyrim. Since I don't have the texture the chain appears purple. Also, it seems like much of the wood in mines and forts (the wood used in mines that holds up the mine from collapsing) looks really low res. Is something causing this such as the texture optimizer?

3 answers to this question

The purple chains is probably SMIM's optional 3D chain things. Re-install that, including the 3D chains, and see if that fixes it. As for the low-res wood, I'm not entirely sure. It's probably not an optimizer but rather one of the HD textures not being installed correctly. Unfortunately I'm not sure which texture is used on those objects, but if you can figure that out then we can narrow down which mods might replace it.

I appreciate the response. I'll look into the 3d chains. I believe I need to update the mod anyways so this would be a good time to narrow down the problem. On the wood I originally thought it might be the textures for the minewood but it doesn't look like thats it.

I know this is a super old post but im having this exact issue.  It is definitely SMIM also. If i move SMIM to the bottom of my load order the mesh shows up but when its in the recommended order it doesnt.  I have tried to disable any mod that appears to conflict with it in MO but the problem still persists.

Has anyone found a solution to this and is it still a problem for people?

DOH! I found problem.  Unchecked BSA in archives!

Edited by Worsin