Installing a mod manually

thosrtanner

Question

There's a problem with CBBE mod in that it doesn't install the facepack properly (you get huge pink splotches where there should be eyebrows), to which the splution is apparently to install manually (even for people using NMM).So I've unzipped the archive, but I'm unsure as to what to do next. there doesnt seem to be a way to install a mode from something that's not an archive (or there is one and I'm looking in all the wrong places, which, knowing me, is very likely).

Any help gratefully appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Just manually drop the folder into the mods folder (i.e. skyrimMod Organizermods or wherever yours is). Right-click in the left pane of MO and click Refresh. It should show up somewhere (the bottom of the list for me) and you can check to enable it.

You may need to alter the folder structure first as Aiyen describes above. When you open the folder that the archive unzipped to, you should see folders "meshes", "textures", etc. If it's not like that, make it so. (Aiyen's first sentence is referring to putting things directly into Skyrim's data directory, which of course circumvents the point of MO.)

• +1 1

You always need an archive for installation... unless you manually copy the files into your data dir.. which you should never do! 

The general structure of the archive needs to be the same as the data dir. Hence textures go in a textures folder, meshes in its etc. 

As long as all assets are in the proper locations then any .esp should find them and apply them ingame without issue. 

Hope that made some sense to you.