Misplaced stair in Soul Cairn

phryxolydian

Question

Seems a bit too trivial to make a whole thread about this but I can't think of posting it in any other already existing topic. Anyway, I ran across this odd set of stairs (0300403c) which aren't correctly placed. Had to disable the stone floor to get back to the other side cause otherwise you can't jump in or anything like that.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated  ::):

[spoiler=LO]# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmREGS - Resources.esmWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espChesko_Frostfall.espBetter Dynamic Snow.espIHSS.espImmersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esprealrainextended.espFantasySoundtrackProject.espFantasySoundtrackProjectCombatMusic.espCutting Room Floor.espTradeBarter.espAshRocks.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.espBring Out Your Dead.espDead Body Collision.espdonorcollegejoin.espDungeonQuestAwareness.espEpisodeParallax.espHigh Level Enemies - Legendary PLUS.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPopulated Lands Roads Paths.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSmelter_Riften & Solitude.espSulfurRocks.espTraps Make Noise.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espSkyUI.espiHUD.esp1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_guard_helm.espNightingaleArrows.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espCCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.espHarvestOverhaulDawnguardDragonborn.espHarvestOverhaulCreaturesDawnguardHearthfireDragonborn.espDeadlyDragons.espTheChoiceIsYours+DG+QuestEraser.espBetterDGEntrance.espDaggercross_Alley.espGildergreen Regrown.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espInconsequential NPCs.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espAcquisitive Soul Gems.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimalBehavior.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espRavenRockExpanded.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espREGS - Better City Entrances.espREGS - Better Docks.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espWEBS extended.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espDawnofWindhelm.espProvincial Courier Service.espRealisticRoomRental.espREGS - Cities.espREGS Patch - CRF.espSoS - The Dungeons.espSoS - The Wilds.espREGS Patch - STEP Extended.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.espCoT_SnowPatch_NoAurora.espELFXEnhancer.espETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.espSoS - The Wilds-PatchCoT.espSoS Dungeons - ELFX Patch.espiNeed.espPredator Vision.espImproved Dragon Shouts - Legendary.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espBetterMagic_FULL.espBetter Stealth AI for Followers.espDuel - Combat Realism.espThe Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espFeminine Females.espBVFE_Serana.espFollowerWander2.espYOT - Your Own Thoughts.espYOT - Frostfall Module.espNonEssentialChildren.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espethereal_elven_overhaul.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espSkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espCORE Patch.espAutomatic Variants.espBashed Patch, 0.espASIS-Dependency.espASIS.esp

11 answers to this question

As always in cases like this, my suggestion is to install MFG console and selecting the object in the console, that'll give you the name of the first .esp that placed the item, plus the the name of the last esp that modified the item.

Damn, I almost forgot about that mod. We need to put together a mod author pack with Conskybe, MFG Console, Elys Meminfo, and anything else people can think of that helps modders.

Damn, I almost forgot about that mod. We need to put together a mod author pack with Conskybe, MFG Console, Elys Meminfo, and anything else people can think of that helps modders.

Status by MannyGT is also a great mod for troubleshooting issues.

Who are the UPP guys? Is Brumbek part of the STEP Staff or moderators? Should I just message him on the Nexus? I'm thinking he probably gets a thousand emails a day of people with troubleshooting questions so it might take a while... But what else, right? Thanks Ess.

Well, haven't received any reply yet.. There's also these stairs (ID: 030126ab, Base ID: 03019921) from the the same "building". The Soul Cairn's been really the first place I've encounter so far in this playthrough with this type of bugs. At the Boneyard, where you fight Durnheviir, there was floating grass everywhere (1, 2), which you can imagine, was very distracting and annoying while fighting all of his minions. Strangely, he only summoned bonemen this time, no wrathmen or mistmen. I'm lvl 43 atm so I don't know if it's something to do with that. It was tough enough though, not complaining! With all the mods I have changing difficulty and combat, I died loads of times with Apprentice difficulty.

EDIT: Vaguely related, after the first (successful) time I went out to the Volkihar Balcony, every time I want to go out to it now I CTD for some reason. Doesn't happen anywhere else that I know of and I can get out of the ruins via the Courtyard and where I came in from but still, very odd.

Edited by phryxolydian

MeshesDLC01SoulCairnsc_mausoleumStairs02.nif

Remove that. If it's fixed then you can certainly narrow it down to a mesh editing mod. Obviously then look through the relevant mod files to find it. ::):

Edited by Guest

Turns out that file you mention is in UDGP.bsa and the problem is not there if UGDP isn't loaded, just like that guy over at the UDGP thread had reported. I'll chime in there and mention I have the same problem and that it might be this file which is causing it. Thanks, Sparrow!