v1.2 vs. Creation Kit: "Unable to locate script" during compile

fireundubh

Question

I'm not 100% this is related to MO since I don't usually touch quest dialogue scripts.

I'm running the Creation Kit through MO v1.2.

I'm editing a quest topic.

When I try to compile a Papyrus Fragment, I get these compile results:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...Compiling "TIF__010012D9"...<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script TIF__010012D9No output generated for TIF__010012D9, compilation failed.Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.Failed on TIF__010012D9

When I try to save and compile the script directly, I get a save warning:

Compilation failed - are you sure you want to save?

The compiler output shows the same results as above.

These and other scripts do exist, but they exist in my mod's scripts/source directories and not in the Skyrim scripts/source directories.

I also noticed that MO creates a "ScriptsSourcetemp" path in the overwrite folder, but nothing ever gets saved there.

8 answers to this question

I don't understand the instructions. Why are we using Wrye Bash?

Also: 

• Start Wrye Bash itself (not from Mod Organizer!).
  • Select all archives in the installer, right click on them and select Install.
  • Work on your mod(s); compiling should now work without issues. [by running the CK outside MO? Is my mod folder outside MO? Where is my mod folder anyway?]
  • When done select all archives, right click on them and select Uninstall.

In any case, this sounds more complicated than setting up the scripts and properties in the CK running through MO, saving without compiling, closing the CK, compiling the scripts via Notepad++, and making any additional changes with TES5Edit.

ETA on 64-bit support?  :^_^:

You are using Bash to install the mods again in you actual skyrim mod folder. This is usually "{where ever you have steam}steamsteamappscommonSkyrimData". MO has your mods in a virtual directory that is not seen outside of MO, thus running when CK you will only see the mods in your ACTUAL skyrim data folder and none of those installed with MO. Like MO, installing with Bash can keep track of what files belong to a particular mod making them easier to uninstall when finished with CK. Your MO mods are located in the "MOmods{mod name}" directory. Because Skyrim itself is a 32-bit app, I won't hold my breath waiting for 64-bit support.

I only use the CK for simple stuff, but wrye is being used outside of MO to load what is needed for the editing and compiling of scripts and then cleaning up afterwards.

As for 64bit support Tannin has stated in the past that he can't support 64bit applications and that "Restriction" will not likely to go away anytime soon.

You are using Bash to install the mods again in you actual skyrim mod folder. This is usually "{where ever you have steam}steamsteamappscommonSkyrimData". MO has your mods in a virtual directory that is not seen outside of MO, thus running when CK you will only see the mods in your ACTUAL skyrim data folder and none of those installed with MO. Like MO, installing with Bash can keep track of what files belong to a particular mod making them easier to uninstall when finished with CK. Your MO mods are located in the "MOmods{mod name}" directory. Because Skyrim itself is a 32-bit app, I won't hold my breath waiting for 64-bit support.

Thanks! I had forgotten about the rest of Wrye Bash since MO (mostly) relegated it to a bashed patch generator.

As for 64bit support Tannin has stated in the past that he can't support 64bit applications and that "Restriction" will not likely to go away anytime soon.

This page is outdated?

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#EasyHook_and_64-bit_support

Thanks! I had forgotten about the rest of Wrye Bash since MO (mostly) relegated it to a bashed patch generator.

This page is outdated?

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#EasyHook_and_64-bit_support

When I edited that wiki page I had emailed with Tannin and that is what he said. But like GSDFan said it can take a while before 64 bit support will be added as it is a very difficult feature to implement in the hooking system.