[STEP] I'm a little bit lost with guideS.

Aoi_Chihiro

Question

Hi everybody.

I'm not sure if my topic is in good section, if it is not, I'm really sorry.

When I was going in STEP guide, I was going here directly : https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

But... I just saw (shame on me) there is another guide (and maybe there is others, I don't know) and I think this is the principal : https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

Now, my question is : What is really the difference ? I tryed to see in the 2.2.8, and there is not really what I want, I'm a noob for modding, but with the guide, I think this is more easy.

Because in the Neovalen's guide, there is some animations I want + UNP.

That's why I ask... And sorry if It's not respectful, because I love really the work here.

Now, I've another question : It is possible to make more profile for my Skyrim ?

Exemple :

- Skyrim Vanilla

- Skyrim Neovalen

- Skyrim STEP 2.2.8

(My question is here because on Neovalen's guide, the author said It's possible to create profile, and my English language is terrible, that's why I think to create Skyrim Neovalen + Skyrim STEP 2.2.8)

I need to try that two guides, and maybe "change my gameplay" or "what I want" for a new game if I'm bored to play with Neovalen or 2.2.8. Because the two guides I saw are goods and look full and I don't know what to choice. And ... I'm a little bit lost, because I want some mods, and there is not in the list, and I'm afraid to activate a mod who is not in the guide and all my modded Skyrim "have errors".

Thank you so much for futures answers, and sorry if my topic is not in the good section.

4 answers to this question

Step Core or Extended (currently 2.2.8 - your 2nd link) should always be the starting point for anyone new to these guides. They are the basis that all other packs and guides are built on. Once you have spent some time getting a stable Core or Extended installation up and running, then you might look at Neovalen's guide or any of the other packs. Your first link does say that the SR:LE guide is for advanced users and is still a work-in-process, so it might not be an easy place to start.

You can add UNP armour and body mods + to a Core/Ext installation in a seperate profile from Core/Ext if you want. With Mod Organizer you can have as many profiles as you like, and it's worth taking some time to get most out this excellent program. I have profiles for Step Core 2.2.8, Step Extended, Extended + Requiem + REGS plus a few others that I'm toying with for my own fun.

Start with Core 2.2.8 and then see how you get on. You can easily add to it in a seperate profile later.

Edited by Quinnbeast

On the other side, I find Skyrim Revisited better to start with. Yes it is more complicated and longer, but it goes through everything step by step. At the end of, you have impressive result and understand the principles of advanced modding. The main guide is simpler, but I don't like that it has so many options, and optional advanced instructions you might not understand. As a beginner it is hard to know which options are important.  When you have done SR I think the main guide makes more sense afterwards when you have better ideas about what you want.

Thank you for your answer, but first, I go for SR, it was my principal objective.

But I want really to try the 2.2.8 too, the two guides looks really amazing.

For my female character, I play SR.

For a male character, I play 2.2.8.

That's why I love that website, there is a lot mods for a good comfort and the team is very competent and nice.