MO stays locked after running Skyproc patchers

GSDFan

Question

Looking for some input for a java / skyproc / MO problem.

Here is what is happening, I am using these three skyproc patchers, asis, npcenchant and Dual sheath redux. Each one is run by itself. When run the patcher finishes but MO won’t close. I have to start Windows task manager and end the Java platform SE binary process for the patcher.

If I use SUM it will run ASIS and the ASIS window will close, but the SUM window will stay on “Running ASIA†forever. If I end the ASIS process I get an ASIS error and if I end the SUM process everything ends.

I have the latest version of java, version 7 update 51, and the latest version of MO. I have uninstalled all old versions of java and reinstalled v7 u51 and the problem returned.

I have been away from Skyrim for a while, but I don’t think I had this problem when I stopped playing and I think I had the current version of MO at that time.

It is not a big problem as I like to run each one and make a mod out of the output anyway. I just would like to have the process end when it should. Any input would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I have it working now. I did a powerful uninstall with iobit uninstaller and ran ccleaner after. I installed java again and rebooted. I ran ASIS as a test and it ran and closed as it should.

It would appear that my last java install got corrupted somehow. Funny thing is I had reinstalled it about a week ago for an unrelated problem. Go figure.

I haven't used Iobit uninstaller, I'm using the free 'revo uninstaller'. Works great, Its amazing how much cr*p is left behind by the normal windows uninstaller (add remove programs). Do you perhaps have used revo uninstaller also in the past and can you compare it with iobit uninstaller (great company with great free tools btw). Some tools are a bit limited and you need the payed version for extra functionality, BUT if you search for Iobit toolkit/toolbox you can have the extra functionality most of the time for free!!

I good tool to uninstall Java is Javara of SinglularLabs, info about it can be found here.  Saved my bacon a few times in the past.

Ccleaner is a good tool, especially if used in combination with ccenhancer. System Ninja also is very good I've heard (never used it). Hmm, when looking for the urls I just realized that Javara, ccenhancer and system ninja are all created/released by SingularLabs ;-)