Can't open Wrye Bash with MO

Idonea

Question

I'm having an issue trying to get Wrye Bash to open with Mod Organizer.

Firstly, I installed Wrye Bash in my Program Files (x86) directory. Instead of starting when I tried to open it through MO, it gave me something like "Cannot determine which game to manage, use -o command line". I had no idea what it meant by "-o command line", so I tried moving it moving it into my Skyrim installation folder.

This worked, but now Mod Organizer couldn't find it. "Cannot find Wrye Bash.exe".

So I tried installing it via Mod Organizer's Data pane. However, this time Wrye Bash crashed because it's not supposed to be there, stating this:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 91, in <module>    bash.main()  File "bashbash.py", line 280, in main    errLog = open(os.path.join(os.getcwdu(),u'BashBugDump.log'),'w')IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:Program Files(x86)SteamSteamappsCommonSkyrimdataMopyx00BashBugDump.log'

I have no idea what it means by "Permission Denied", as I had the executable set to always open as administrator, but moving on...

Could anyone help me? I have a feeling that I've gotten myself into a conundrum.

7 answers to this question

Open up Mod Organizer and go to the executables panel then click on the title Wrye Bash and then point it to your Wrye Bash.exe it should be in your Skyrim (install folder) something like

*SteamAppscommonSkyrimMopyWrye Bash.exe

then say modify (or add if the executable isn't there because it failed to work)