S.T.E.P 2.2.8 Mod installation order

eLoCC86

Question

Just curious, with certain mods like, lets say, Duel Sheath reduxIn the detailed instructions link it will say..."Besides the main file, also install the patches for aMidianBorn, Elemental Staffs and Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project".Which are all much later in the guide, so do I install aMidianBorn, Elemental Staffs and Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification now then install the patches for them, or just install the patches now?I ask because usually you install a main file first before adding a patch??? I did run the GenerateFNIS and Dual Sheath Redux Patcher, Iam at 2.G now in the guide and would like to continue on but would like to fix the CTD first.

Here is my Masterlist, everything in TES5Edit shows good and I used BOSS recently, and with BUM there are noproblems with anything, i only needed to make a userrule for SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp, to load it after Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp.

Iam getting random CTD sometimes after only a few minutes, or sometimes after a hour or so?

I usually get about 60 FPS or so with the occassional dip and im pretty sure my machine can handle it.

Heres all my .txt files please take a look...

modlist.txt

userlist.txt

CPUID ROG CPU-Z.txt

FRAPSLOG.TXT

9 answers to this question

Everything can be installed in order from top down. Just follow all the instructions given and you will be fine.

Have you tried the memory patch 3.0? You install either ssme or the SKSE alpha and setup the SKSE.ini. It seems to golden goose at the moment. 

Thanks for the reply, i will check out memory patch 3.0.

As per my first question, so if install aMidianBorn, Elemental Staffs and Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project later down the guide

like it says, and install the patches for these mods to be compatible with Dual Sheath Redux right now, TES5Edit will show all these patches

have missing masters, do to not having to install the main mods till later.

So common sense suggests that I install now, and patch them,and ignore them when i get to them later down the list since there already installed.

Alright, thats sounds easier, already preparing to start from scratch as either Cell Stabilizer or the Mem Patch

caused my FPS drop to 30 or less as was fine before I installed these, as you know, and I'm still getting a CTD for some unknown reason.

I don't think that I need the memory patch as I'm not having issue with memory to begin with, so will exclude that.

But I will install in the order specified this time round an see what happens.

Thanks...

Well, with MO you can just move things around in the left pane to be specific to the install order we have listed. That is one of the great features of MO. you can also remove mods and just reinstall them and drag it to the correct space in the left pane. Make sure to have everything sorted by priority to do this.

OK so now Im using mod organizer instead of NMM with my new install as it has good features and is reccommended with STEP.

But remember when i said if I install a patch without its master didnt seem right to me,

well now I have a perfect example...

I installed the consistant older people all 19 NPC's BOYD compatible mod, like it says to in section 2.D Fixes,

and now MO says that the mod has missing masters, and of course I havent installed "Bring out your dead", as it is much

further in the STEP Program (2.M. Gameplay)

On another note, regarding BSA files, I know I should extract the BSA so MO will use the loose files but how about Dawnguard. dragonborn, and the HighResTexturePack01,02,03.BSA, just leave those?

Edited by eLoCC86

Your awsome, starting to understand this all slowly.

Here I thought I knew what I was doing for the last year of modding skyrim,

and just playing with a good looking game with the occasional crash.

Iam now following it properly instead of just installing what I wanted from the list.

Thanks for the help buddy.

Will post later if needed.

You can install the entire list like we have it. Then when done, you can go to Profiles, the ID card button, and just make a copy of the STEP profile and uncheck all the mods you don't want to use in the left pane. Don't uninstall them though, that is across all profiles. but you can move mods around and it will not affect any other profiles.