Change MO to another drive

Shinobi556

Question

Hello,

Is it possible to just quickly Copy/Paste the whole M.O directory from say C:ModOrganizer to D:ModOrganizer and launch it from D: thereon afterwards?  (obviously I'd reset MO's Downloads, Mod & cache directories to d: instead of c: in settings)

I'm asking this because I have Skyrim on my external D: drive and would also like to plonk M.O and all related mods onto D: so I may carry my Skyrim game around from one PC to another.

I have in fact already tried this but in-game I got animation problems and wondering if it's because of this directory change... Perhaps the savegames get ****ed up?

6 answers to this question

yeah. I got FNIS and Boss, it all works like a charm usually.

What i've just done is delete that new directory on D: and then use MO installer for D: then imported all my mods & user settings/preferences from C to D. Just launched and i don't get the anim problem. Touching wood though.

This animation problem was specifically bows and arrows being slow or the sound coming seconds later (of the string being released etc).

I got scared there as I already had that problem before and had to clean my saves only a few weeks ago and didn't want to go through that tedious process again.

EDIT: yes i had also run FNIS again :)

Edited by Shinobi556

yep I do. had to use the tool plus the guide edition.

That was just before I switched to M.O. I'm guessing I'll never have to do it again as M.O shouldn't allow old running scripts to bloat my saves like before... As they should "disapear" once you unclik the related mods, right?

Edited by Shinobi556