Soul Gems Differ, Can't figure this out

migidarra

Question

Hello everyone, I'm new here and doing my first install of S.T.E.P. I'm almost finished and having problems with Soul Gems Differ. from the wiki

Download the "Soul Gems Differ - BAIN Wizard" main mod and run using the WB wizard. This will install the STEP-recommended Configuration.

Mod Organizer users: The STEP FOMOD will install the STEP recommended options in one easy go. Simply add the directory from the STEP FOMOD to the BAIN package downloaded from the Nexus and install using MO. The FOMOD will load with only one option; click Next to install. This installs the STEP recommended options only!

My first try was using MO and from what I understand I am just supposed to drop FOMOD directory downloaded from the wiki link, drop it in the BAIN package downloaded from the nexus(I extracted it, dropped it into the main folder which already had a fomod so put the contents into the fomod directory). This failed to work. The next thing I tried was using the WB wizard and I couldn't figure out how to get the wizard to run or find the file needed to run it. 2+ hours on one mod is infuriating lol....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Edit- Tried a couple different merging and replacing of the files..the error it throws up on MO is something like there is no data directory

Win 7 Pro

Asus Crosshair IV Formula

8gb Ram @ 1600mhz

5870 1gb

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3.2Ghz

5 answers to this question

I just double clicked on both of the zip files to open them in my archive program. I then dragged the fomod folder into the soul gems archive and ran MO. Installing soul gems in MO, the installer picked up the change to the archive and installed OK.

You may have downloaded the wrong soul gems package. The Soul Gems Differ - BAIN Wizard-6335-1-5-4.7z file does not have a fomod folder in it when I checked.

As I recall, the STEP Fomod, after you download and extract it, has a folder called something like 'fomod', and within that folder is another folder also called something like 'fomod'. My initial error was putting both folder levels into the BAIN. Once I realized I am just supposed to put the subfolder into the Bain archive, and then install the Bain archive using MO, it was easy-peasy.

I tried putting the subfolder from the wiki link into the fomod installer(merged with the fomod folder from nexus link). MO states that it contains no esp/esm or textures, a red X that says "No Valid Game Data".

I tried removing the fomod folder from the nexus link and placing the fomod folder from the wiki link and same exact error.

OK WTF SERIOUSLY?

Sorry a bit angry right now. (More then a bit. LIVID right now.)

Ok I was having the same problem as the person who started this thread. What I realized what I could have been doing wrong was downlaoding and trying to merge the FOMOD folder from the FOMOD file from the Soul Gem Differ Nexus Mod page and not the one hyperlinked in the STEP guide. I merged the fomod folder from the hyperlink to the Bain Folder. Rezipped and found the folder in MO and instaled. It worked. It opened up and installer apeared. I hit next and it installed.

Then it hit the fan.

My Mod List. MY ENTIRE MOD LIST.

GONE.

What the hell happend?!?! Everything Ive been working on for days just GONE!!!! I looked in the profile folder for MO and EVERYTHING is reverted to as if I just started!!! The Only MOD on my List is THIS FREAKING SOUL GEM MOD!!