New User: MO Deleting Files

Sycokinetic

Question

So a few hours ago I decided to finally give Mod Organizer a shot in place of Wyre Bash, and I must say that I love the way the program works. However, I'm hitting a fatal problem. Every time I turn around, I find that files in my mods folder are being deleted off of my HDD, or otherwise corrupted in some manner. Sometimes an entire mod is reduced to nothing more than a single meta.ini file, and I cannot even delete the folder. Windows merely complains that I have to have administrator rights to do so... when I am the administrator. This particular problem was fixed by restarting my computer, but the one

time I tried that somehow resulted in all the .esp and .esm files from my Oblivion folder itself being deleted.

Could someone please explain to me what the hell is going on? I'd rather get this sorted out before the bugger corrupts my partition tables or something.

2 answers to this question

OK, first things first...are you making certain you are running Skyrim from Mod Organizer and NOT the Steam Launcher?

Second, all installed mods by Mod Organizer are kept in the Mod Organizer folders, not the Data folder of your Steam Installation. There should be no "mods" in the Skyrim Data folder; when you open up MO you should see all your mods.

It actually is Oblivion that I am running, but yes I am running it instead of the Steam Launcher. I've actually separated it from Steam entirely so as to ensure the 4 GB patch isn't "fixed" and have had OBSE working just fine like this for quite a while now. Also, I understand how MO loads the mods and game into a virtual directory without modifying the Data\ folder; however MO is literally deleting all .esp and .esm files involved, except for Oblivion.esm. Even the DLC .esp files were deleted from Data\. Furthermore, until I restart my computer, I am unable to modify the folders in mods\ that housed those .esp files after the bug occurs.

Edit: Huh... I just randomly found all those files in C:\... O.o