GPU used when running Skyrim.

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So i wasen't entirely sure if this is a thread that should even belong on a forum like this, but i feel like google haven't given me much usefull information, and figured that maybe the same issue had arissen for someone here.

I have a onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have a GeForce GTX 760m GPU as well. Obviously i want my computer to run the latter. And i have actually always thought it did. I run Skyrim with a lot of HD mods and sometime i have a little lag. Nothing gamebreaking, but it can be a little annoying. 

I just got the ENBoost thingie. So when i now open Skyrim, it tells me which GPU my Skyrim actually uses. It turns out, that it uses the Intel HD Graphics instead of the GeForce. I've tried to go into nVidia control panel and set the global settings to the GeForce GPU(it's actually the only option). But the thing is, that it can only see the TES launcher and Skyrim launcher. It can't see the SKSE which i use from MO. Would this have something to do with it?

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Or does my computer in fact switch to my GeForce when it feels like it needs to?.

Specs:

Windows 8

nVidia Geforce GTX 760m(laptop)(2GB VRAM)

i7-4702MQ 2.2 overclocking 3.2 quad core

8GB RAM

And then the damn Intel HD Graphics 4600

~Sincerely

Zeniet

4 answers to this question

You can search on this forum, and their post thread, etc.

I have sadly never owned a laptop with those attributes, so I cant help other then saying that this is what works for others with the same issue.

Perhaps one of them will be so kind as to offer assistance.