Bring Out Your Dead (BOYD) loading hang

SpiritofNight

Question

I've just done a clean setup of STEP, and I run fine with Core, but on Extended I run into troubles.

On the loading screen (the skyrim logo and continue, new etc) the logo appears but no text, the game just hangs.

This only occurs with Bring Out Your Dead (and its dependants) active, I've disabled mods one by one, and this is the only one which, if I disable it, the game loads fine.

Solutions/tests I should try?

Please help, I love STEP and i've run it before, and i've just updated to 2.2.8 and MO (from Wrye Bash) and I want to play with the gorgeous enhancements.

For now I am running without BOYD and therefore missing also a couple of other patches, including the STEP Extended patch.

5 answers to this question

Thank you so much. The 1.2.2 version is not on Nexus anymore afaik, but i had an older 1.1.3 version lying about from when I used Wrye Bash last time i installed STEP, and its working now.

Again, thank you!

I hope anyone else with this issue finds this thread and resolves the problem the same way.