Boss Elevation error in MO?

ramakgaming

Question

So, I decided to give MO a try again recently, well last night - I installed it, and followed the Skyrim Revisited pack guide thingy... (I still don't fully understand what to call those, a pack seems odd because it feels more like a guide when I read through it)... but anyway, I got to the part where it told me to run BOSS for the first time, well I did that and it worked good at first, but then I screwed something up, so I got frustrated with it, and removed the profiles the guide told me to setup, and then I uninstalled MO, walked away for an hour, and reinstalled MO again, then went through the guide again, to make sure there was nothing I missed, well I ran BOSS again, and this time it crashed after it was done updating the masterlist. Windows tells me that it crashed and is checking for a solution, so I click Cancel, because it never finds one. Then I uninstall MO, and cleanly install Skyrim again, and start all over the next morning (which is today), and instead of crashing it errors and tells me that this process requires Elevation to run... it asks if I want to go ahead anyways, I click Ok... and nothing happens, not a darn thing... so I read an answer here for a similar issue, but not exactly the same (and can't reply to that post since it's labeled as solved), so I make a new thread, and let you guys know what's going on and ask for help, as that answer didn't help me at all (which told me to change the compatibility mode).

So now, I'm at a loss here. This is very frustrating to go almost half way through a guide to setup the game the way you want, and it just decides not to work. It's as if it's a person telling me "No, just no. You are not allowed.". That's the kind of frustration I get from it. I feel vindicated.

Hopefully someone will have a viable solution.

Note that I have 1.0.11 version, and I click the update button and it says there is an update, so I tell it to do it - and the progress bar never moves, it never downloads, and it ultimately never updates. Something just isn't right. Did I install the wrong version or something?

- Regards,

Ramak (same person on the nexus too)

2 answers to this question

Okay, let's see if we can get you fixed up ;)

1. Go to https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1334&pUp=1

2. Download the "Mod Organizer v1_0_12 update" file

3. Extract it into your ModOrganizer folder, overwriting all.

4. Right-click ModOrganizer.exe (or the shortcut you have for it) and select "Run as administrator"

5. Run BOSS

6. Report your results

Okay, let's see if we can get you fixed up ;)

1. Go to https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1334&pUp=1

2. Download the "Mod Organizer v1_0_12 update" file

3. Extract it into your ModOrganizer folder, overwriting all.

4. Right-click ModOrganizer.exe (or the shortcut you have for it) and select "Run as administrator"

5. Run BOSS

6. Report your results

Thank you so much, that fixed it for me. I can't believe it was as simple as setting it to run as admin, even though I am an admin and I installed it outside of the program files section lol... Windows is so annoying sometimes. Even though that was fixed though, BOSS still reports all files as dirty edits, and I've already cleaned them exactly step by step what the guide I'm following said to do, the Skyrim Revisited guide pack thing. Should I just clean them again?

EDIT: I did it anyways, and followed the guide again and problem still is there. I think it's because there isn't a Create Mod option when it tells me to right click Overwrite to get it. But this is for another thread I think... sorry. This is so frustrating.