How to compile scripts with Notepad++?

Someone92

Question

Prior to using MO I've used Notepad++ set up the following way to compile my scripts:

https://www.creationkit.com/Notepad%2B%2B_Setup#Setting_up_a_quick_compile

Now I get several errors when I'm trying to compile my scripts; not very surprising, my mod depends on other mods which scripts are now not in the data folder. I've tried to start Notepad++ via MO but that didn't fixed this issue.

So, my question is how do I have to set up NotePad++ so I can compile my scripts again?

6 answers to this question

i don't use that function, but you might want to look at issue 268 on the issue tracker, it sounds like what you describe. You need to log in to see the comments.

I have also searched the Nexus MO forum and it looks like you have to run the creation kit external to MO in order to compile scripts.

Works fine.

Write up of procedure:

- Download Wrye Bash (or another mod manager of your liking expect Mod Organizer) and install it. In the following instructions it is assumed you're using Wrye Bash.

- Download the 7z archive version of SKSE to a temporary folder. Extract the archive, open the '\data' folder and archive the '\scripts' folder; name the newly created archive something along the line "skse__scripts" so you know immediately know the purpose of the archive and SKSE's version number.

- Download SkyUI to a temporary folder.

- Download any other mod which scripts you need in your own mod to a temporary folder.

- Start Wrye Bash itself (not from Mod Organizer!) and switch to the Installer tab (top left); Wrye Bash will quickly scan all files in '\\data'.

- Hint: Don't set the download or mod folder of Mod Organizer into '\\data', otherwise Wrye Bash will scan all these files when starting its installer and a procedure which should only takes seconds requires minutes.

- Drap&Drop your self-made created SKSE script archive, the SkyUI archive and any archive of other mods you've downloaded onto Wrye Bash.

- You can delete the temporary folder if you wish so.

- Preparations are done!

From now on every time you want to work on your mod(s) do the following:

- Start Wrye Bash itself (not from Mod Organizer!).

- Select all archives in the installer, right click on them and select "Install".

- Work on your mod(s); compiling should now work without issues.

- When done select all archives, right click on them and select "Uninstall".