Mod Install Limit? (not esp limit)

flyingspatula

Question

Hey, installing all the mods from STEP seems to almost reach the maximum allowed installed mods on MO. I understand why the ESP limit is 255, but why is MO also limited? Most of the mods do not even have an ESP. Will I need to combine texture/mesh only mods to have more than 255 mods installed in MO?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Unless something changed, the last I remember MO will allow you to draw from an unlimited pool of mods, those are the mods in the left pane, for any profile you choose. You are still limited to the maximum number of BSA, ESM and ESPs of the game engine. In a recent update a warning was added to alert the user to that fact.

I hope this is what you meant. I have not seen this myself.

Wow, I could almost swear it would not install any mods past 255 when I tried. It would install but simply not show up on the left. Seems to be working now. I feel pretty stupid then considering I had been using MO for so long. Not sure what I did but all seems to be working after reapplying my mods. Fortunately I am not even close to the plugin limit. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks!