Problem installing Climates of Tamriel

kRUNCHY1736

Question

So I got MO to work and have installed 90% of STEP mods and the game runs flawlessly. But there is still something missing.. The immersion that CoT adds. So I downloaded it, added from archive, ran the scripted installer, chose my settings. "Mod installed correctly" appears. However it does not show up on my mod list on either panel. BOSS confirms it is not active. I've spent the past 2 hours trying to figure it out but no help on nexus forums or anywhere! Is this a bug or am I missing something elementary?

6 answers to this question

No that was my problem, it wasn't showing up AT ALL after it said it was installed. So I finally installed it directly into Skyrim using Wyre Bash and that solved my issue. So I restarted MO some time after that and discovered that CoT was under Bellyaches Animal mod for some strange effin reason.. I haven't tested it much but BOSS shows no errors and my game didn't CTD so I should be okay.

From what I've read the Weather Patch is for ENB users which I might do in the future.

I had trouble finding the answer to this myself but I believe EssArrBee is correct,

it is in your load order but probably with a different name and not where you would

expect it to be in your alphabetically ordered list of mods. When you first open the

installation for Climates of Tamriel, at the top there is a drop down box for the name.

In my case, I had previously installed my mod with a name that started with "climates of tamriel"

and could not find it because when I had reinstalled it, I was looking for it in the section of mods

that start with the letter C in my load order.

It apparently was named something different on one of my installations, "Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel"

and therefore it was not in the alphabetical order I expected. I created an account on this website just in case

this helps someone else cause I had problems finding the answer myself. 

Good luck modding!

Edited by innovarayearth