PHPOS - open source web operating system

rootsrat

Hi guys. I just want to share this with you, maybe some of you will be interested in checking this out. This is a new open source, web based OS, created by a Polish programmer. I won't be using it myself (no need), but it may come useful to some of you...

And it's a pretty cool idea as well!

PHPOS is FREE OPEN SOURCE non-commercial web operating system for everyone. It works in HTML5, CSS3, Javascript/jQuery and PHP5 + SQL technologies. It's based on Windows7 interface and it's very easy to use. You can download PHPOS for free and install on your server or try the demo online for check the features.

Have a look here.

Hm.. I'd be very reluctant to do something remotely important over the web, this just raises a lot of security concerns for me. I will stick to VMware. But technically interesting!

The link works for me too btw, maybe you have some kind of redirect?

A friend of mine showed me an Unreal 3 demo on his notebook some weeks ago. The clue: It ran in firefox and totally fluent! It uses a general c/c++ to Java port method if I remember right.

Link: https://www.unrealengine.com/html5/ (requires a little load time)

If you want multiple desktops you can always use Linux. My jury is still out on whether or not I'll even try it I'd have to see more, it reminds me of the OS thing one of the laptop manufacturers was packing with their machines at one point. It was either ASUS installing it on their G73SW gaming laptops or Sony with their VAIO (J series I want to say back in like 08 or 09) at one point.