Two request for MO

sonnhy96

Question

Hi all,

I've been recently switching between NMM e MO quite a lot.. Feature-wise MO wins, so now I'm on MO again..

What bother me most is that all the downloaded files aren't well organized, they're just placed in a pane, listed by their file name.. NMM keep every single file i download in a much cleaner way.. You'd say, why don't just install them so they're organized as well.. The point is, I don't install every single Mod I download, mostly because my SSD can't handle that much space required, it's just 128gb and i've already a lot of others programs installed.. So yeah, i'd like to request a better views of downloaded mods, I believe i'm not the only one who has this problem.. I obviously know it's a lot of works, so, just keep the idea for a future implementation..

Another thing that bother me a lot is the way mods installed are named.. There're 3 option, one with the Mod name, one with the file name and another with file name + version.. What i want is an option which combine "Mod name - file name"

Example with Prince and Pauper mod:

there's the core file, so yeah i can choose to call it "Prince and Pauper" while installing. I've to install the optional which is "Hearthfire Multiple Adoption Patch", and I've two choices, or the Mod name or the File name. If you can, please, add another option with "Mod name - file name" so it would look like this: "Prince and Pauper - Hearthfire Multiple Adoption Patch".

I think this request is really a light request, even programming wise, i believe it's easy to add a 4th option which combine the first 2 option, isn't it?

If you don't have time to spare for this, could you point me the way through your source code, so i'll try it myself?

4 answers to this question

Um you can go to your Mod Organizer folder and then the downloads folder there and sort it like you would anything else through explorer. Also to change the mod's name within Mod Organizer all you have to do is either go into your Mod Organizer's mods folder find the one you don't like the name of and right click then say rename. Alternately you can rename them when you're installing then via the box that pops up.

Um... so unless I've completely misunderstood your question... I don't see the problem. Hope it helps.

An example, look at the picture attached..

You see, i've downloaded an optional file, a patch for, that has it's own name which is "Ethereal Elven Overhaul Patches - Interesting NPCS".. When I install it I get those 3 options, which are the MOD name itself, or the name of the file.. I'd like to have a 4th option "Ethereal Elven Overhaul Patches - Interesting NPCS", since I've a lot of patches and I'll lose too many time to rename all of them..

post-1464-1393481849182_thumb.jpg

What you are asking for is dependent on the data MO collects from the Nexus. There is not a standardized naming policy on the Nexus and MO tries its best to provide solutions for you to choose from.

Your best bet is to edit the name to modname-nexusid-version number. This will allow you to filter both panes to your selected mod and apply any patches that may be needed. Yes it will take time, but you should be doing that anyway to get a stable game.