Started Dishonored..Terrible Anti Aliasing

Aren't MLAA and FXAA Nvidia techniques? I wouldn't be if they don't work that well on AMD. Personally I think it looked good at 1366x768, but when I plugged into the tv and played at 1080p I could kinda tell that it needed a x2,x4,x8 ... type option for the AA.

I really enjoyed the game though so that makes up for the low res textures. If you also got the DLC then you will really like the two story driven add-ons.

Also, try the Skyrim mod, Gifts of the Outsider, to get your Dishonored spells.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35564/?

I think I've gotten used to it. I'm "forcing" 4xSSAAeq through CCC. I honestly can't tell if it's working (so probably not). I'm combining that with the in-game FXAA and it's honestly okay. Edges are fine. It's just fences and thin objects that aren't getting smoothed but after about 4 hours of gameplay, I'm used to it. This is a great game. Basically looks and plays like Bioshock - Infinite.

Transparency AA is AA done on textures with transparency enabled.... like fences. At least I do not know of any game that would render a fence like a mesh... just a waste of polygons.

It is different from the others, in that the AA is done on the actual texture instead of the model. But this also means it cost quite a bit more if you have more transparent textured in a scene.

Transparency AA is AA done on textures with transparency enabled.... like fences. At least I do not know of any game that would render a fence like a mesh... just a waste of polygons.

It is different from the others, in that the AA is done on the actual texture instead of the model. But this also means it cost quite a bit more if you have more transparent textured in a scene.

In terms of performance, SSAA still costs more than Transparency AA, right? 

Depends on the scene.. your can try it in skyrim... go to riften and enable ENB´s transparency AA... go to say... dawnstars coast, and then enable it... very different FPS hits. The amount of foliage matters. The more transparent textures the harder the hit.

• 1 month later...
Depends on the scene.. your can try it in skyrim... go to riften and enable ENB´s transparency AA... go to say... dawnstars coast' date=' and then enable it... very different FPS hits. The amount of foliage matters. The more transparent textures the harder the hit.[/quote']

Aiyen, the adaptive AA (aka transparency AA) did the trick. Looks much better. Thanks for the suggestion mate