Sum merged patch

Copywrite85

Question

I am using Skyre Reproccer in my SUM.  To utilize the merged patch feature which I hear solves issues; I need to change an ESM of reproccerdragonborn.esp; I need to switch it from Reproccer.esp to SUM.esp (reason being after the SUM merged patch reproccer.esp wont exist/not be used anymore.  When ever I try to switch it from reproccer.esp to SUM.esp (I navigate through MY MO directory to get to SUM.esp in the 'overwrite' folder) I get the following error message "File must be selected from oblivion date files directory".  Help.

8 answers to this question

The previous issue has been handled.  Now its just AV refuses to work Under SUM in MO.  I either get blank error messages which crash java, or I get a message saying AV failed to run and do I want to continue.  I am thinking of reorganizing my MO directory so all the skyproc patch mods are in the same folder as SUM; other than that I have 0 ideas.  Help.

I had a similar issue. It was file-pathing. Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited could use a bit more detailed instructions about installing AV and optimizing the texture packs (no offense, Neovalen, I still got love for ya <3)

This is what works for me:

1. Download and install Automatic Variants.

2. Download AV packages, DO NOT install via Mod Organizer.

3. Copy/Merge ONLY the Skyproc Patches folder from each AV pack directly into the Skyproc Patches folder in the Automatic Variants folder.

4. Profit.

I haven't reoptimized my stuff yet and, honestly, a combination of all that temp foldering and not understanding how bad I was screwing up the pathing by installing to MO and then copy and pasting folders without knowing what I was doing is why I went astray in the first place. I am probably going to optimize again, or copy in the already optimized textures I have from packs. But really, running SUM takes 5-10 minutes with just AV and Dual Sheathe Redux (which I don't love anyway) so I'm wary of making changes unless I am 100% sure I need to.

Automatic Variants is, however, one of the best mods alive.

I had a similar issue. It was file-pathing. Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited could use a bit more detailed instructions about installing AV and optimizing the texture packs (no offense, Neovalen, I still got love for ya <3)

This is what works for me:

1. Download and install Automatic Variants.

2. Download AV packages, DO NOT install via Mod Organizer.

3. Copy/Merge ONLY the Skyproc Patches folder from each AV pack directly into the Skyproc Patches folder in the Automatic Variants folder.

4. Profit.

I haven't reoptimized my stuff yet and, honestly, a combination of all that temp foldering and not understanding how bad I was screwing up the pathing by installing to MO and then copy and pasting folders without knowing what I was doing is why I went astray in the first place. I am probably going to optimize again, or copy in the already optimized textures I have from packs. But really, running SUM takes 5-10 minutes with just AV and Dual Sheathe Redux (which I don't love anyway) so I'm wary of making changes unless I am 100% sure I need to.

Automatic Variants is, however, one of the best mods alive.

This sounds like it'll work.  Thanks allot man.