HDRLC Fix batch help needed

Desiato

Question

I believe I've looked everywhere available, and not found a solution or even anyone else having quite this problem. Everywhere the batch files have %cd%, instead of looking in the folder in which they are located (the working folder, alongside the Vanilla Extracted folder), it is looking in Windows/System32 and not finding them. This is happening whether I start with the correct Start batch (in which case it is looking for the other batch file there) or try to instead run the Removal Fix batch (in which case it is looking for the Vanilla Extracted/HDRLC1/textures etc. there).

I feel as if I must be missing something obvious, but am not certain what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Users can put the working directory in any desired location. In a batch file %cd% means current directory; the system replaces %cd% with the drive and path of the current directory when running the batch file. In this case the current directory is the working file directory. When the HRDLC_Removal_Fix-START batch file is double clicked, a command window (running cmd.exe) will popup. This batch file setups the error log and starts HRDLC_Removal_Fix.bat which performs the actual removals. If the command window does not popup and remain, the usual cause is problems with privilege (administrative privilege is required for this) or with User Access Control (UAC) in windows; frequently UAC must be disabled to make sure there are no problems with processing like this.

These batch files require that the vanilla BSAs have already been extracted into the "Vanilla Extracted" directory, as described in the the DDSopt guide. The batch files are not standalone files that are used independently of the completion of prior steps in the DDSopt guide. This batch file is used in the "Repair the HRDLC Textures" subsection in the DDSopt guide. The readme files have been updated in the Batch Files for "DDSopt guide.7z" archive file to make this clearer.

Right, I've done all of that. I mustn't have been clear. Everything is extracted into the Vanilla Extracted directory, named as per the instructions. The batch files are also in the Working directory, alongside the Vanilla Extracted directory. But when I run them (as administrator), instead of looking for the textures and even the other batch files in the correct directory, it is replacing %cd% with C:/Windows/System32 and not finding them, rather than looking in the place from whence they are being run. So when I run the file in D:/Working/HDRLC_Removal_Fix-START.bat, it should then look for D:/Working/HDRLC_Removal_Fix.bat for that next step, but instead it looks for C:/Windows/System32/HDRLC_Removal_Fix.bat.

I searched with google and found this . It suggests adding the following to the beginning of a batch file to make sure that windows sees the proper current directory:

@setlocal enableextensions

@cd /d "%~dp0"

Try putting this at the beginning of both batch files (or download the edited versions) and see if this changes anything. When I run a batch file it gets the correct directory without the extra lines, but apparently some systems don't do this :wallbash:.

I'll also add this to the archive file that contains the batch files referenced several places in the guide (including the first page). Another reference I read said UAC might be the reason for this problem; I have been fairly aggressive on my system keeping UAC out of the way to avoid problems like this.

Well, now I suppose I do get to ask something obvious: Where do I find that? I downloaded from the link in the STEP DDSopt guide, which only contains the HDRLC files, and since it downloads from a dropbox there's no page to navigate up to in order to find other files.

7.1 kb. I just grabbed it from your link, and went back to the guide to link to the page with the download link I had originally used, but it is now the 10.4 kb version as well. Odd. All I can figure is that it has been changed since I downloaded it on the 19th.