ModManager no longer processing Mods with installers

DragonDai

Question

I started installing mods today. It was going fine. I got thru a bunch of mods, including several with built in installers. I was using ModManager, and it was working fine. I then tried to install the HRDLCOptimized mod...and ModManager just hung on the "loading installer" popup...it sat there for like 10 minutes. So I canceled it and tried some other mods...they worked fine until I got to SMIM, which also has an installer...it also hung on the "loading installer" popup for forever. I then tried a couple other mods I knew had installers and they all got hung up.

Anyone else have this issue or know of any solutions? I tried restarting ModManager and then restarting my computer and no help there.

Any help appreciated :)

EDIT: I meant Mod Organizer, v0.12.6. My bad. Very sorry bout that.

5 answers to this question

I started installing mods today. It was going fine. I got thru a bunch of mods, including several with built in installers. I was using ModManager, and it was working fine. I then tried to install the HRDLCOptimized mod...and ModManager just hung on the "loading installer" popup...it sat there for like 10 minutes. So I canceled it and tried some other mods...they worked fine until I got to SMIM, which also has an installer...it also hung on the "loading installer" popup for forever. I then tried a couple other mods I knew had installers and they all got hung up.

Anyone else have this issue or know of any solutions? I tried restarting ModManager and then restarting my computer and no help there.

Any help appreciated :)

What do not mean by ModManager? Do you mean Nexus Mod Manager? If so, I do not believe it is supported by S.T.E.P. If you mean Mod Organizer, which version are you using?

I've had similar issues with MO some time back. Since then the NCC doesn't work anymore, and I can't get it fixed. Try to use the integrated fomod installer instead. Some mods won't work that way. you'll have to use manual installation instructions for them...

The current version of MO is v0.12.9. Try the following click on settings (the crossed screw driver and wrench icon), select the "installer" tab, UNCHECK both the "Prefer integrated fomod installer" and "Enable quick installer". Once done try to install. Some mods (very few) only work with "Prefer integrated fomod installer". Try the first and if that does not work, try the second.