Hearthfire No House

MisterCreazil

Question

So I went through the steps for 2.2.6 didn't have any problems with the install, havent noticed any bugs until now.

After purchasing my plot of land and building the house, no house shows up. I've tried it at all three locations and same problem, I build the house at the table, but nothing ever shows up. Is this a known problem? or did I install something wrong? I searched the forums and didn't see anyone reporting the same issue.

Not currently, but I was thinking we should add instructions for this somewhere on the wiki. Region name and Location fields are in the cell subrecords that include many of the characteristics of a cell. A number of mods (other than Unique Region Names) make changes to cell properties for a small set of cells, and when they do they this they overwrite the cell definitions for all the earlier loading plugins. There are many conflicts in cell definition records; not all them cause problems but some do. It's unfortunate that Hearthfires relies on a field in a record that can easily be overwritten (and needs to be in order for some mods to provide their functionality).

Open [i]TES5Edit[/i]
Click [i]OK[/i], thus selecting all active mods
Expand "Worldspace" under Unique Region Names.esp and then expand the "0000003C" node.
Expand Block -1,-1 then expand sub-block -1, -3 and select the node named <-3,-18>
Ideally Unique Region Names will be in the rightmost column; the changes need to be made in the mod in the rightmost column
Drag the EDID - Editor ID value from Hearthfires.esm to Unique Region Names.esp
Drag the XLCN - Location value from Hearthfires.esm to Unique Region Names.esp
Repeat this dragging of two fields from Hearthfires.esm to Unique Region Names.esp for Block -1,0 Subblock -1,2 node name <-6,23>
Repeat this dragging of two fields from Hearthfires.esm to Unique Region Names.esp for Block 0,0 Subblock -0,1 node name <7,8>
If you use Wrye Bash for mod management,
Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, make sure "Backup plugins" is checked, and click [OK]. This saves the revised version of Unique Region Names.esp
If you use Mod Organizer (note that I don't use MO and I took this from the Skyrim Revisited page)
Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].