Replacement for Realistic Crime Radius?

Zarggg

Question

In the changelog, it is mentioned that Realistic Crime Radius is being removed in favor of a Wrye Bash tweak. However, I don't see this tweak mentioned anywhere in the guide.

Am I misunderstanding, or have I overlooked something? If the latter, can you point me to the section where the tweak is listed?

I must be exceedingly dense today, as I can't find any Wrye Bash section in the STEP 2.2.6 Guide (other than its mention in the Mod Manager section) or any reference to the tweak in the Wrye Bash Guide itself.

In any event, I did manage to deduce what I needed to do to enact the tweak. Thanks for trying to help; I'll take your word for it that what I missed is actually there. :)

Right click on "Bashed Patch 0.esp" and "Rebuild Patch".

I'm confused too. So I go into INI tweaks in WB, select my value, then rebuild patch?

You don't need to touch any ini-settings whatsoever. Just rightclick on the file Bashed Patch, 0.esp in WB's mod list, choose rebuild patch and then under Tweak Settings check the Crime Radius box and set the value to 1000

Right click on "Bashed Patch 0.esp" and "Rebuild Patch".

I'm confused too. So I go into INI tweaks in WB, select my value, then rebuild patch?

You don't need to touch any ini-settings whatsoever. Just rightclick on the file Bashed Patch, 0.esp in WB's mod list, choose rebuild patch and then under Tweak Settings check the Crime Radius box and set the value to 1000

Gotchya, thanks Vond. Are there any other tweak settings I should change as well?

I also changed my timescale to 8, to slow time in game. 8 means that 1 minute of real time = 8 minutes of game time. Default Skyrim timescale is 20, which makes the day and night rotate quite fast. Bear in mind that some quests depend on timescale and setting it below 6 IIRC can cause some bug and issues.

I don't change any other settings, but you can also change arrow speed and many more. Up to you if you want to use them, just bear in mind any mods that do the same will get overwritten by Bashed Patch, as it's generally loaded up last.

I also changed my timescale to 8, to slow time in game. 8 means that 1 minute of real time = 8 minutes of game time. Default Skyrim timescale is 20, which makes the day and night rotate quite fast. Bear in mind that some quests depend on timescale and setting it below 6 IIRC can cause some bug and issues.

I don't change any other settings, but you can also change arrow speed and many more. Up to you if you want to use them, just bear in mind any mods that do the same will get overwritten by Bashed Patch, as it's generally loaded up last.

Got it. That sounds good. Thanks.