Dragging with TES5EDIT

Luisangre

Question

So I'm doing my 50th installation of STEP within the last 2 years (and enjoying it).

Something about downloading all these mods and carefully organizing them in WB that is truly satisfying, or maybe I just need some mental treatment? :]

I've already installed all mods and now I'm going into the final stages of making them all work together.

Acquisitive Soul Gems and Animated Weapon Enchants needs a small compatibility patch and I'm following these instructions;

Open TES5Edit.

Select "Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp" and Animated Weapon Enhants.esp then click [OK].

Expand "Magic Effect" under Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp and select the "0005B452" node.

Right-click on Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp column and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "ASG-AWE Patch".

Drag the "Enchant Shader" from Animated Weapon Enchants.esp into ASG-AWE Patch.esp.

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].I am lost at the Drag "Enchant Shader" part.

I see a red text "Enchant Shader" under the magic object tab of Animated Weapon Enchants but I've looked around for about 2 hours and find no way to drag and drop it elsewhere.

Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

So I'm doing my 50th installation of STEP within the last 2 years (and enjoying it).

Something about downloading all these mods and carefully organizing them in WB that is truly satisfying, or maybe I just need some mental treatment? :]

I've already installed all mods and now I'm going into the final stages of making them all work together.

Acquisitive Soul Gems and Animated Weapon Enchants needs a small compatibility patch and I'm following these instructions;

Open TES5Edit.

Select "Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp" and Animated Weapon Enhants.esp then click [OK].

Expand "Magic Effect" under Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp and select the "0005B452" node.

Right-click on Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp column and select "Copy as Override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "ASG-AWE Patch".

When you do this a new column appears on the right titled "ASG-AWE Patch". Scroll way down until you see the row heading "Enchant Shader" under "Magic Effect Data". If you look on that line you will see that three of the columns have "EnchPurpleFXShader" entries and one (AWE) has "wpnSoultrapFXS". You want to drag "wpnSoultrapFXS" entry from the AWE column to the entry on the same line in the column to the right ("ASG-AWE Patch"). When you do this it will replace the "EnchPurpleFXShader" entry.

When this is completed:

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].I am lost at the Drag "Enchant Shader" part.

I see a red text "Enchant Shader" under the magic object tab of Animated Weapon Enchants but I've looked around for about 2 hours and find no way to drag and drop it elsewhere.

Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thanks in advance.

Also, are these steps necessary or can I just leave ASG-AWE-Patch.esp on the bottom of the load list and be good?

Thanks again.

Open Boss Userlist Manager.

Select ASG-AWE Patch.esp in the lower-left pane.

Click the "AFTER" selection box and select "BOTTOM".

In the adjacent text box type "Compatibility Patches" and click [save Rule].

Close Boss Userlist Manager and click [Yes] when prompted to save.

Navigate to /overwrite and move the new file(s) to /mods/Acquisitive Soul Gems.

Those steps are necessary if you're using a merged patch or bashed patch, or something else like ASIS or other Skyproc mods that should rightfully be last in your load order-- else BOSS will sort that unknown plugin right to the very bottom of your LO, which may not be correct for your setup.

I downloaded BUM and it is indeed essential when you have over 400 mods like me.

Would it be safe to ignore the last part of the instructions since I use Wrye Bash?

Navigate to /overwrite and move the new file(s) to /mods/Acquisitive Soul Gems.

Looking at Neo's Skyrim Revisited there are lots of patches that need to be made in order to have a smooth running Skyrim

Is it possible that these patches can be made and uploaded somewhere for STEP users?

There could be a document explaining what each patch does and an order list to show STEP users how to organize everything using BUM (everything from https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#Guard_Dialogue_Overhaul copy and pasted in doc)

This will streamline STEP even more.

I finished making the recommended patch for Guard Dialogue Overhaul and Skyforge Steel Weapons from Book of silent and despite me following all instructions, the patch comes out with update.esm and amidianborn_skyforge_weapons.esp being in am orange checkbox in WB.

I tried it 2 times and no change.

I understand this from WB guide but there were no changes I made to these files.

All the package files are installed, but the .esp/.esm plugins are not identical (eg. another package has overwritten them with another version of the plugins). 

Is this normal or should they all be green?