BOSS and BUM and MO issues

Smile44

Question

I saw a partial answer to this in search but not an actual one so sorry if this is a repeat question.

For some reason both BOSS and BUM have stopped working through MO. Boss just crashes and BUM says it can't find the MOD PATH and then shuts down. Both programs work outside MO. I have reinstalled them and reset them as executables in MO but still the same problem.

They were both working for me ever since I began using Skyrim Revisited so have no clue as to why they are now having a problem. I noticed on another thread that changing a mod name in MO can cause issues for BOSS and it is possible that that is the cause of the initial disfunction but problem persists after a re-install.

Would be very grateful for any wise words on the matter, thanks in advance.

:confused:

Edit: Also been having a problem with Reproccer strangely and not the other skyproc patchers I'm suspicious that perhaps it is MO that is having some kind of breakdown.

Edit: Have sorted out the reproccer issue but not BOSS and BUM. I feel lost :ermm:

Edit: I give up, have reinstalled MO, BOSS and BUM and still they will not execute through MO - this is ridiculous I have no clue - I didn't change anything that I am aware of. One day they worked next nothing just when it was all looking and working brilliantly as well. >: Rant over.

5 answers to this question

Interestingly if I set the BOSS GUI.exe as an executable I can run BOSS through MO like that but BUM still getting a "Fatal error encountered trying to access your Mods directory: ....common\skyrim\data".

BOSS.exe still just crashes. Extremely weird.

Does it still happen after a restart? It might be worth asking in the Mod Organizer thread or on the Nexus and see if Tannin can help. If you edit the MO apps, do the file paths for BOSS, etc go to the correct locations? I also believe MO has a log file, might be something in there.

Yes it does. I have re-installed MO and re-done all the executables but no dice. I will keep looking I have sent a message to Tannin. The paths all seem correct as far as I can tell. Both programs start, but then immediately run into problems.

Thanks for chipping in, this problem has occurred before for other people but I have yet to find an answer that will help - I suspect that this is not a common problem and I really don't get how re-installing everything doesn't fix it.