Trees and tree lods mismatch

dreadflopp

Question

This question probably has been answered since I remember reading about it somewhere. I did search though but didn't find anything. My trees and tree lods doesn't match. When I get close to the trees they change shape completely. I have skyrim revisited installed. I have done som ddsopting. 

5 answers to this question

try to reinstall Skyrim Flora overhaul... if you change the textures in that then you can end up with this issue.

Mainly because the LOD texture file have the textures in specific spots, but when you change the texture etc they can get shifted slightly which translates to the issue you explain ingame.

SFO is very specific with its LOD file... more or less any changes to it will cause weird LOD effects.

Also make sure it is happening everywhere... there are still a few places where the LOD locations do not match entirely! These are bugs that vurt updates as he gets the time, and people report them.

Thanks, finally had time to try a reinstall of skyrim flora overhaul. It didn't make any difference though. It is version 1.79e, cleaned it with tes5edit. I also tried vanilla ini's. Here are some examples of it happening. Not sure it is a LOD problem though?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ah that issue... yes it happens sometimes when you use SFO! Especially with the trees that vurt has added like aspens etc.

The reason they look darker is because the LOD trees that are far away are not affected by shadows, so they will look brighter then trees that do have shadows on them.

Also sometimes the game is a bit slow to update the trees from LOD to near...I believe this is also a vanilla issue that is linked to how the game loads in new cell data etc.

I do have a small solution I could provide... I have remade the LOD textures while working on my ENB preset which in turn have turned the LOD trees darker so they do not stand out so much. If you are interested then just throw me a PM.

Tried your remade LOD textures, big improvement! Thanks. I'm going to try the basic edition of skyrim flora overhaul too though. It looks strange when (like in the third example of my post above) a tree trunk grows straight up and suddenly change and becomes twisted.

Glad you like them.

I was just annoyed with the fact that trees in the distance where brighter then ones up close.. which made no sense to me... also during the night the pines would glow in the distance which made it almost impossible to make an ENB preset with it installed.

I know Vurt is aware of the issue, but I also respect his standpoint that he cannot make a separate texture for every ENB preset out there.

This particular one is only optimized for my own.

As for the basic edition... yeh if you have not played with SFO for a while then you can do it. I personally find that I miss all the trees since I have got so used to them being there.