LoD loading in slowly in-game? Audio delays as well

sehui

Question

Hey there, so I have a pretty powerful PC (nvidia 4070, AMD 7800 X3d, 32 GB RAM, M.2 SSD)

but I've recently been running into an issue where in the open world after exiting whiterun on a new save, LoD is loading in fairly slowly.  Like there's a delay, and then the LoD will pop in.  There will also be audio sync delay issue for a bit too (footsteps not synchronized)

I do run ENB with complex grass and parallax.

Here's a video showcasing the problem:

https://streamable.com/td9ar9

As you can see the LOD isn't loading in until I get super close and there's an audio delay where my landing sound isn't playing.

I'm using the "ultra" preset with BethPie recommended tweaks, so the LOD shouldn't be loading in so slowly/closely.

I used the recommended DYNDOLOD settings in the stepmodifications skyrim AE guide.

My SSD isn't full, its a 2TB with 639 GB left.

my VRAM isn't maxed out either, I have 10GB and im only at 7GB.

for my papyrus settings, I'm at MaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600 , and I'm using PapyrusTweaksNG with the experimental feature:

bIgnoreMemoryLimit = true

and iMaxOpsPerFrame = 1000

Any suggestions on how to improve this? should i increase my MaxAllocatedMemoryBytes setting? or my fUpdateBudgetMS setting as well?

Edited by sehui

4 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

What timescale setting are you using? As it seems to be going extremely fast.

It's just default timescale, i didn't alter it or anything I believe.  What makes you think it's going extremely fast?

3 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

The speed of the shadows.

Do you use A Clear Map of Skyrim?

Nope I do not, I don't use any map mods, just plain ol vanilla map.

Ah, yeah I do see the shadows moving kinda fast. but that's honestly just me using bethini pie's default ultra settings, no changes on my end in regards to timescale