Help needed with Dyndolod and Texgen with Skyrim AE GOG version.

CHEYYEN

Question

I recently modded Skyrim quite heavily, first big modpack that doesnt crash. I used some trees and grass mods so I wanted to create LODs for them.

I installed Dyndolog and TexGen into my portable MO2 instance and inputed those parameters first: paramters:
"-m:"c:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG" -p:"c:\Users\szymo\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt" -d:"c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data""

Both TexGen and Dyndolod told me that they cant find Skyrim.ini in ...\Skyrim folder. After looking for help in various posts online I found that i should put "-sse" in front of those parameters. So I did. But now TexGen and Dyndolod are telling me they cant find Skyrim.ini in ...\Skyrim Special Edition folder.

Any help with this? I got both two plugins (one for GOG od course) installed in mod manager. So all is prepared the right way. 

EDIT: I inputed "i" instead of "m" before ini parameter - it found the right folder but it still says it cant find the ini, while Skyrim.ini is there in front of me. :(

Edited by CHEYYEN

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, CHEYYEN said:

I recently modded Skyrim quite heavily, first big modpack that doesnt crash. I used some trees and grass mods so I wanted to create LODs for them.

I installed Dyndolog and TexGen into my portable MO2 instance and inputed those parameters first: paramters:
"-m:"c:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG" -p:"c:\Users\szymo\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt" -d:"c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data""

Both TexGen and Dyndolod told me that they cant find Skyrim.ini in ...\Skyrim folder. After looking for help in various posts online I found that i should put "-sse" in front of those parameters. So I did. But now TexGen and Dyndolod are telling me they cant find Skyrim.ini in ...\Skyrim Special Edition folder.

Any help with this? I got both two plugins (one for GOG od course) installed in mod manager. So all is prepared the right way. 

EDIT: I inputed "i" instead of "m" before ini parameter - it found the right folder but it still says it cant find the ini, while Skyrim.ini is there in front of me. :(

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen or DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload to show the actual log/error messages.

There is no need to add the -sse game mode as command line argument. See https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Game-Mode

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG and pay attention to the examples.
In particular, the example -m:"c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\" shows a trailing slash.
In particluar, the example -d:"c:\GOG Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Data\" shows a trialing slash.

In the post you have also double quotes around the all 3 arguments, make sure that is not the case in the argument field of MO2.

Do not use i instead of m.

I only added double double "" as a quote here, sorry for confussion. 

I followed the guide you provided and I use correct parameters. As stated I tried -m before -i. Thats what I get when trying -m:

[00:00:00.046]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (5E5F5B6B) starting session 2024-04-10 20:30:04
[00:00:00.054]    Game Mode: TES5
[00:00:00.058]    Game Name: Skyrim
[00:00:00.061]    Using Skyrim Data Path: c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data\
[00:00:00.065]    Using Backup Path: c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data\TES5Edit Backups\
[00:00:00.069]    Using Scripts Path: C:\Games\Skyrim Użytki\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
[00:00:00.075]    Using Cache Path: C:\Games\Skyrim Użytki\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.079]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\szymo\AppData\Local\Temp\TES5Edit\
[00:00:00.084]    Using ini: C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.090]    Fatal: Could not find ini C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

funny thing is that when I add -sse before parameters the last line changes too:

[00:00:00.087]    Fatal: Could not find ini C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini

and when I switch to -m to -i it finally finds the correct folder but still cant find the ini while im staring at it in that folder:

[00:00:00.088]    Fatal: Could not find ini c:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG

Its driving me nuts. I finally modded skyrim really well with lots of mods (around 800) while staying at the 251 esm&esp limit, tested and it works fine, but of course GOG version again is making problems. Cant find any solution to this. 

37 minutes ago, CHEYYEN said:

I only added double double "" as a quote here, sorry for confussion. 

I followed the guide you provided and I use correct parameters. As stated I tried -m before -i. Thats what I get when trying -m:

[00:00:00.046]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (5E5F5B6B) starting session 2024-04-10 20:30:04
[00:00:00.054]    Game Mode: TES5
[00:00:00.058]    Game Name: Skyrim
[00:00:00.061]    Using Skyrim Data Path: c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data\
[00:00:00.065]    Using Backup Path: c:\Games\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversay Edition\Data\TES5Edit Backups\
[00:00:00.069]    Using Scripts Path: C:\Games\Skyrim Użytki\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
[00:00:00.075]    Using Cache Path: C:\Games\Skyrim Użytki\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.079]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\szymo\AppData\Local\Temp\TES5Edit\
[00:00:00.084]    Using ini: C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.090]    Fatal: Could not find ini C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

funny thing is that when I add -sse before parameters the last line changes too:

[00:00:00.087]    Fatal: Could not find ini C:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini

and when I switch to -m to -i it finally finds the correct folder but still cant find the ini while im staring at it in that folder:

[00:00:00.088]    Fatal: Could not find ini c:\Users\szymo\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG

Its driving me nuts. I finally modded skyrim really well with lots of mods (around 800) while staying at the 251 esm&esp limit, tested and it works fine, but of course GOG version again is making problems. Cant find any solution to this. 

Download, install and use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. https://dyndolod.info/Downloads

If the problem persists, make a screenshot of the executable settings with the argument field in MO2.-m and -i are different command line arguments that can not just be exchanged. A folder is not an INI file. The INI folder should be specified -m as explained in the instructions.