Higgs not working

RASTAPASTA

Question

so after I run xlodgen or dyndolod when I run the game I get an error from Higgs telling me its not on the plugins.txt, and therefore not active and this is on every version of Higgs. I dont know what caused this but I deactivate and reactivate all my mods it fixes until I attempted to run lodgen or dyndolod again. it seems the two mods are no longer compatible? 

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RASTAPASTA said:

so after I run xlodgen or dyndolod when I run the game I get an error from Higgs telling me its not on the plugins.txt, and therefore not active and this is on every version of Higgs. I dont know what caused this but I deactivate and reactivate all my mods it fixes until I attempted to run lodgen or dyndolod again. it seems the two mods are no longer compatible? 

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

DynDOLOD does not change plugins.txt. DynDOLOD does not disable plugins. This is what mod managers control.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Plugin-Limit

I can send the bug report if u like but I don't think anything is wrong with the generation on the log files its when I try and launch the game Higgs plays up could even be an MO2 thing? But its always after I run lodgen or dyndolod. Gonna try again but put Higgs on last. 

also I'm using custom CGID files for grass gen that I made on SE do you think this could be an issue?

26 minutes ago, RASTAPASTA said:

I can send the bug report if u like but I don't think anything is wrong with the generation on the log files its when I try and launch the game Higgs plays up could even be an MO2 thing? But its always after I run lodgen or dyndolod. Gonna try again but put Higgs on last. 

also I'm using custom CGID files for grass gen that I made on SE do you think this could be an issue?

Requested logs were not provided. Exact message from 3rd party mod was not provided.

CGID files contain data for full grass and its positions etc. CGID files do not affect which plugins a game loads or not.

Mod managers and then the game control which plugins are being loaded.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Plugin-Limit

Posted (edited)

TexGen_TES5VR_Debug_log.zipDynDOLOD_TES5VR_Object_Report.zip

here ya go though I left out lodgen this time as well as left higgs off when generating but as usual I just get the error when I turn it back on. 

here is my plugins.txt because the error apparently means higgs is not there, but it is and it is active in mo2 as well. This only happens after lodgen or dyndolod

plugins.txtimage.thumb.jpeg.9b50566f6cbee8ca75acc942b526d6ee.jpeg

and when I close mo2 it tells me powershell is still running afterwards as well?

Edited by RASTAPASTA

On 3/11/2024 at 3:26 PM, RASTAPASTA said:

TexGen_TES5VR_Debug_log.zip 359.79 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_TES5VR_Object_Report.zip 435.43 kB · 0 downloads

here ya go though I left out lodgen this time as well as left higgs off when generating but as usual I just get the error when I turn it back on. 

here is my plugins.txt because the error apparently means higgs is not there, but it is and it is active in mo2 as well. This only happens after lodgen or dyndolod

plugins.txt 7.41 kB · 0 downloads image.thumb.jpeg.9b50566f6cbee8ca75acc942b526d6ee.jpeg

and when I close mo2 it tells me powershell is still running afterwards as well?

You uploaded the TexGen debug log and the object report.
No DynDOLOD log and debug log were uploaded. No xLODGen log was uploaded.

The TexGen debug log shows that there is no higgs_vr.esp being loaded. The problem of the higgs plugin not loading/being active already exists before TexGen has done anything?
Terrain LOD meshes and textures or generating them does not affect plugins.txt or how the game loads plugins.

The uploaded plugins.txt might not be one from C:\Users\ryan_\AppData\Local\Skyrim VR\Plugins.txt when TexGen was started.

Make sure higgs_vr.esp is activated in MO2 right window plugins tab. In case it is, disable/enable it.
Make sure Occlusion.esp has Mod Index FE or lower and that no plugin overwrites it.

From the mods description:
If your error is "[CRITICAL] The higgs esp exists, but is not active", then this means it is in the directory, but it's not being loaded by the game, which is usually an issue with the plugin (the esp file, not the mod itself) not being enabled in vortex (but ultimately this is up to whether it's in the plugins.txt). The reason is likely that the esp is not present in your plugins.txt, so make sure you have enabled the plugin, not just the mod, in your mod manager.
Also, make sure you have launched skyrim vr at least once outside of any mod manager, so that your initial plugins.txt gets created.
There is nothing special about Higgs's esp file, and if it isn't being loaded by the game, this must be an issue with your mod setup.

Run Sort/LOOT to see it lists the plugin in the details.
Start xEdit to check if it lists the plugin (it is the data folder) and if it is automatically checked (it is active).