LOD Issue DynDOLOD Open Cities JK's Skyrim

vibj

Question

Hey all. I've been browsing the forum looking for a solution to this problem I have, but I haven't found a solution. I have DynDOLOD, Open Cities, and JK's Skyrim installed for Oldrim. Whenever I'm in Whiterun, I get many LOD issues. The game appears to be loading the low poly and high poly LODs for all Whiterun structures at the same time. I tried reinstalling DynDOLOD, I tried reinstalling Open Cities and JK's Skyrim, and I tried installing the Open Cities/JK's Skyrim patch. The Open Cities/JK's Skyrim patch made a big difference in that my Oldrim now loads the high poly models of Whiterun, but the low poly models are still there. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, vibj said:

Hey all. I've been browsing the forum looking for a solution to this problem I have, but I haven't found a solution. I have DynDOLOD, Open Cities, and JK's Skyrim installed for Oldrim. Whenever I'm in Whiterun, I get many LOD issues. The game appears to be loading the low poly and high poly LODs for all Whiterun structures at the same time. I tried reinstalling DynDOLOD, I tried reinstalling Open Cities and JK's Skyrim, and I tried installing the Open Cities/JK's Skyrim patch. The Open Cities/JK's Skyrim patch made a big difference in that my Oldrim now loads the high poly models of Whiterun, but the low poly models are still there. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen and DynDOLOD log and debug to upload when making posts.

You can upload to Dropbox or any other file service and post the link.

TexGen generates billboards which DynDOLOD uses to generate tree LOD  if that option is checked

On 3/6/2024 at 6:26 AM, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen and DynDOLOD log and debug to upload when making posts.

You can upload to Dropbox or any other file service and post the link.

TexGen generates billboards which DynDOLOD uses to generate tree LOD  if that option is checked

I was using a version of DynDOLOD that did not have the option to check generate tree LOD. I was also using a version that did not want me to run DynDOLOD Output with Open Cities enabled. I updated DynDOLOD and downloaded the latest resources and now it works as expected.