What is the proper way to lanuch a mod with DynDLOD files in Nexus Mod

Radongas

Question

I am about to finish making a mod level for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I used DynDLOD to generate my LODs and I got my DynDOLOD_Output.zip file. But when I was testing my stuff on another computer. I have the following issues:

1. I found that to have "DynDOLOD is successfully initialized", I have to include two DynDOLOD scripts DLLs at least to get the LODs in my level to work. I know I can include them as dependencies of my mod on NNM when I upload it, but is there a way to get rid of them?

2. I found that I have to use mod manager (MO2, Vortex) to install my mod's files. I tried unzipping the DynDOLOD_Output.zip files to my game's Data folder directly and have all the other files (DLLs, esp, bsa) in there also. But in this way, the DynDOLOD didn't work at all. Is there a way to get it to work? I mean I wonder if there is a way that the downloaders don't need a mod manager to play my mod in Skyrim. They can just unzip my zip files to the Data folder and have fun.

2 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Radongas said:

I am about to finish making a mod level for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I used DynDLOD to generate my LODs and I got my DynDOLOD_Output.zip file. But when I was testing my stuff on another computer. I have the following issues:

1. I found that to have "DynDOLOD is successfully initialized", I have to include two DynDOLOD scripts DLLs at least to get the LODs in my level to work. I know I can include them as dependencies of my mod on NNM when I upload it, but is there a way to get rid of them?

2. I found that I have to use mod manager (MO2, Vortex) to install my mod's files. I tried unzipping the DynDOLOD_Output.zip files to my game's Data folder directly and have all the other files (DLLs, esp, bsa) in there also. But in this way, the DynDOLOD didn't work at all. Is there a way to get it to work? I mean I wonder if there is a way that the downloaders don't need a mod manager to play my mod in Skyrim. They can just unzip my zip files to the Data folder and have fun.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which logs to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#Create-Mod-Mode-How-to-create-LOD-to-include-in-your-own-mod
Mod authors should not generate or include the papyrus scripted dynamic LOD.