Papyrus Log Missing

DOHstep2013

Question

I have not been able to locate a Papyrus log on my system since my latest build.  I am using Mod Organizer for the installation, and I'm not sure if that could be part of the issue or not.  The Skyrim.ini is properly modified as well.  Just wondered if anyone might know if a different method is required to generate that log if you use Mod Organizer, or what else I might try to generate one?  Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I have not been able to locate a Papyrus log on my system since my latest build.  I am using Mod Organizer for the installation and I'm not sure if that could be part of the issue or not.  The Skyrim.ini is properly modified as well.  Just wondered if anyone might know if a different method is required to generate that log if you use Mod Organizer, or what else I might try to generate one?  Thanks.

Did you modify the Skyrim.ini in the User folder or the one within MO?  MO virtualizes that as well.  Its located in the "Tools" menu.

THANK YOU. Boom, that's the answer. Did not know that, the help is very much appreciated.

I must say the more I find out about Mod Organizer the more impressed I become. That was something I think I had read about but forgot.

Thank you again.

And I really appreciate the help. This is the best Skyrim Diagnostic utility available. Thanks again.

No problem! I had the exact same issue, hence how I knew the answer haha :P Yeah, MO is really awesome, cant believe I got by without it before.

Apologies for jumping onto this thread but I too can't get a papyrus log generated.

I have edited the logging entries in the MO copy of the Skyrim.ini and started the game but I can't find any log files anywhere. Do I need to zone or allow a certain amount of time for the logs to be generated?

I really need to check logging as my STEP + personal mods game is very unstable and I have found a point where I can repeat a crash reliably. The very instant the last remaining bandit outside Bleak Falls Barrow spots me and the Sneak Eye opens, I CTD. Every time. I have tried one-shot killing him at range, sneaking past with an Invisibility Potion or approaching not under stealth. The instant his combat AI triggers, I am staring at the desktop.