File not found textures\architecture\windhelm\whstoneflattrim.dds_n.dds

hannahkap

Question

Hello, I have recently installed DynDOLOD Alpha 3 and its resources and am getting this error message:

Warning: File not found textures\architecture\windhelm\whstoneflattrim.dds_n.dds. Used by Meshes\architecture\windhelm\whwallwulfharth.nif Skyrim.esm Whwallwulfharth [STAT:00078A9A]

TexGen loads everything fine, but DynDOLOD can't continue. According to some posts on forums, this texture might be related to Static Mesh Improvement mod. I tried reinstalling that to no avail. The recommended TexGen Fixes mod on the Summary of Messages page does not help, either. I also tried deleting these files in the meshes folder, but instead of generating an error report, Dyn would just completely crash. I would appreciate your help with this problem. 

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt

3 answers to this question

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The texture filename whstoneflattrim.dds_n.dds is obviously a typo and should either be whstoneflattrim.dds or whstoneflattrim_n.dds which are the vanilla texture filenames used in the vanila NIF.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures
This can happen if not all required textures where included in the download archive of a mod or there are typos in the *.NIF files.

Fix the typo in the whwallwulfharth.nif mentioned in the error message using NifSkope.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for submitting the wrong files. I downloaded it, but have never used NifSkope before. I am very amateur when it comes to modding/editing scripts. Would you kindly give me some instructions on how to fix the typo? 

19 hours ago, hannahkap said:

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for submitting the wrong files. I downloaded it, but have never used NifSkope before. I am very amateur when it comes to modding/editing scripts. Would you kindly give me some instructions on how to fix the typo? 

I do not really provide rudimentary/generic modding help or support for 3rd party tools. Typically refer to the manual/documentation for the 3rd party tool or the file format or just search for existing posts, guides, discussions, videos etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=nifskope+texture

Texture paths are defined on BSTextureSet blocks which are children of shaders, typically BSLightingShaderProperty blocks, which are children of NiTriShape or BSTriShape blocks. If you change the Block List view to "Show Blocks in List", you should have no problem going through all BSTextureSet blocks of a NIF. The texture paths are shown in the Block Details once you select a BSTextureSet block.

The typo should be reported to the mod author so they can fix the assets in their mod for everyone.