Executing LODGen.exe returned error code C0000135

Torwak

Question

Following the Dyndolod generation instructions, I get the following error in a popup window: Executing LODGen.exe returned error code C0000135

xLODGen worked fine. As well as the included TexGen from Dyndolod.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt

It is worth mentioning that I am running MO2 with wine on Linux. I'm kind of bothered by dyndolod not working, when everything else skyrim modding has worked as well as on windows. Any chance of getting some pointers on what might be causing my issue?

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, m4DnZ said:

Following the Dyndolod generation instructions, I get the following error in a popup window: Executing LODGen.exe returned error code C0000135

xLODGen worked fine. As well as the included TexGen from Dyndolod.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt

It is worth mentioning that I am running MO2 with wine on Linux. I'm kind of bothered by dyndolod not working, when everything else skyrim modding has worked as well as on windows. Any chance of getting some pointers on what might be causing my issue?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log to also upload when making posts.

Always use the x64 version as explained by the installation instructions.

I believe the "OS" is missing the x86 version of either  .NET and .Net Framework

Here back to report that I fixed my issue by installing mo2 with the modorganizer2-linux-installer instead of using steamtinkerlaunch, which I used in the non-working setup. I used the Modding Skyrim SE on Linux - A Headache Minimization Guide, and adapted it to my setup.

I installed "dotnet-runtime" natively on linux via package manager. Because I use Arch (btw), the extra repository provided version 7.0.11.sdk111-1. I also installed the Visual Studio 2015-2022 redistributables into my user's wine prefix ~/.wine by running the installer, not winetricks.

Now dyndolod runs ok, except for the middle part of the window being "blank" in expert mode. I think there is supposed to be a list of rules/items there. You can barely work around this by clicking the on the items to see a quick flash of the name of the list item.

I'm not sure my original issue was because of steamtinkerlaunch, could've been that I messed up my game prefix at some point.

1 hour ago, m4DnZ said:

Here back to report that I fixed my issue by installing mo2 with the modorganizer2-linux-installer instead of using steamtinkerlaunch, which I used in the non-working setup. I used the Modding Skyrim SE on Linux - A Headache Minimization Guide, and adapted it to my setup.

I installed "dotnet-runtime" natively on linux via package manager. Because I use Arch (btw), the extra repository provided version 7.0.11.sdk111-1. I also installed the Visual Studio 2015-2022 redistributables into my user's wine prefix ~/.wine by running the installer, not winetricks.

Now dyndolod runs ok, except for the middle part of the window being "blank" in expert mode. I think there is supposed to be a list of rules/items there. You can barely work around this by clicking the on the items to see a quick flash of the name of the list item.

I'm not sure my original issue was because of steamtinkerlaunch, could've been that I messed up my game prefix at some point.

Latest version still displays fine in a Ubuntu test setup I did a while ago. I can't really help with such problems.

image.png

I understand, linux isn't officially supported. Thank's for the replies anyways, they helped me get this far. By the way, is Dyndolod supposed to run for over 16h? I used medium preset and use LOD level 32 according to A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds. I have a few big mods that change the landscape & trees too:

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x CPU. It has now been over 16h since I started the generation.

image.thumb.png.ad7efb59ef7dc78bf707edb5c7b19a14.png

Edited by m4DnZ
Forgot to add that I'm in the middle of lod generation

37 minutes ago, m4DnZ said:

I understand, linux isn't officially supported. Thank's for the replies anyways, they helped me get this far. By the way, is Dyndolod supposed to run for over 16h? I used medium preset and use LOD level 32 according to A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds. I have a few big mods that change the landscape & trees too:

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x CPU. It has now been over 16h since I started the generation.

image.thumb.png.ad7efb59ef7dc78bf707edb5c7b19a14.png

It takes about 5-10 minutes for the vanilla game.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size