Output Final Size?

NorthSide

Question

Hi,

It's my first time using DynDOLOD, so i could be doing this wrong, but the output directory size from DynDOLOD alone is 56gb uncompressed (26gb compressed) after taking over 2 hours to complete. Is this normal? (122 mods so far) My total mod directory is only 76gb including grass caches, LODGen and TexGen output. It did crash the first time i ran it (out of memory - only 16gb machine), and I forgot to delete the output before running again (does DynDOLOD overwrite? or generate unique files every time?)

LodGen and Texgen were far quicker and produced only a few gb's of data.

4 answers to this question

So I take it that output size is within normal range? "Several GB" is a little vague.

My setup is mainly based around seasonal landscapes / seasons of skyrim, so I cached grass (all seasons and default), ran LODGen to create terrain lods, TexGen for grass/trees and objects, then finally DynDOLOD (seasons, grass, the rest defaults other than halved tile sizes) for all worldspaces. I use no additional worldspaces other than those provided by AE base game / CC content.

I realise there's a lot of variations with setups. I was just making sure the size wasn't as outragously large as it seems to be.

The regular log:

https://paste.ee/p/hCDGn

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

Edited by NorthSide

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
In case of making posts related to the process or for error reports, always upload/paste these files to a file upload service or text sharing service

Size increase of grass LOD depends highly on density of grass and density of grass LOD. Generating Seasons can mean up to 5x the size.

The output will have the result the mods, settings and options you selected require. 56GB is a lot but why does it matter?

I would say what matters is the visual result / performance impact.

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
In case of making posts related to the process or for error reports, always upload/paste these files to a file upload service or text sharing service

Size increase of grass LOD depends highly on density of grass and density of grass LOD. Generating Seasons can mean up to 5x the size.

The output will have the result the mods, settings and options you selected require. 56GB is a lot but why does it matter?

I would say what matters is the visual result / performance impact.

I don't mind the size really, but thought it was worth checking to make sure I ran it right. Thanks for the reply sheson!